Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2019, 11:46 AM

Re: My trip to the NHS.

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I was watching the health and social care questions and the consultant pensions dispute that has caused them to cut their hours or retire came up.

There is a consultation paper out at the moment and Matt Hancock would only commit to having the situation resolved by the start of the next tax year in April.

This means that over the next few months and winter in particular will be really tough because the normal consultant hours just aren't being worked.
Go private. Really. A person doesn't have to have health insurance to get private treatment and the cost can often be a whole of less than many people think. After all a medical emergency will result in emergency treatment by calling 999 and laying it on thick.

Claim having chest pains, pains in left arm, slipping in and out of consciousness - whatever - complaining of these symptoms gets fast response every time.

Because of the huge overload of our NHS by various sorts of "immigrants" there are few options remaining open to us any more.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2019, 11:56 AM

At the same session, when questioned Jackie Doyle-Price defended the decision to close a number of walk in centres.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2019, 12:13 PM

From the posts in this thread it seems to me that most
of the problems stem from the policy of centralisation that
NHS has put into action? Which has resulted in the closure
of more and more local health care facilities countrywide!
This results in patients having to be transported over
longer and longer distances as the cachement area for the
the central hospital grows larger, this then results in more
ambulances pouring into usually allready congested central
areas of the ciities where the hospitals are usually situated
with the results we have just heard about in the recent
posts in this thread!!
I believe this centralisation policy was driven by considerations
of finances and not of patient benefits?
Regards Donkeyman!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2019, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
From the posts in this thread it seems to me that most
of the problems stem from the policy of centralisation that
NHS has put into action? Which has resulted in the closure
of more and more local health care facilities countrywide!
This results in patients having to be transported over
longer and longer distances as the cachement area for the
the central hospital grows larger, this then results in more
ambulances pouring into usually allready congested central
areas of the ciities where the hospitals are usually situated
with the results we have just heard about in the recent
posts in this thread!!
I believe this centralisation policy was driven by considerations
of finances and not of patient benefits?
Regards Donkeyman!
Cost HAS to be the determining factor in all matters. Meting all requirements of any customer base is impossible and there will always be a cost/ benefit curve. The cost/benefit curve in this case is a Pareto distribution which can be best explained as the closer to 100% a delivery gets so the cost of each step increases by a non linear function

In other words if by spending €n you achieve 80% of total satisfaction (s) for every €n spent the closer to 100% satisfaction will only be y% where y is maybe s/20.

Or even more simply the cost of treating everyones needs is substantially more than the cost of not doing so. Think of it as meeting an acceptable quality level.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2019, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Cost HAS to be the determining factor in all matters. Meting all requirements of any customer base is impossible and there will always be a cost/ benefit curve. The cost/benefit curve in this case is a Pareto distribution which can be best explained as the closer to 100% a delivery gets so the cost of each step increases by a non linear function

In other words if by spending €n you achieve 80% of total satisfaction (s) for every €n spent the closer to 100% satisfaction will only be y% where y is maybe s/20.

Or even more simply the cost of treating everyones needs is substantially more than the cost of not doing so. Think of it as meeting an acceptable quality level.
Hi

Really?

My injuries are as a result of protecting everyone, even Pillocks like you.

You believe in the survival of the fittest.

We need a database, look after yourself, we will not come running.

No point in protecting you or your family against Terrorists, you can do it all yourself.

Good Luck with that.

Highly trained are you?

Being Jewish, you would look after yourself and your family without any help from Mossad?

Really?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2019, 04:30 PM

You cannot apply business costing principles to healthcare. It has elements that are too high risk for any business to take on.

In analysing the cost of treatment you cannot simply look at financial costs. There is a massive cost to society if the population's health decreases. Walk in centres, urgent treatment centres and minor injury units are an excellent resource for patients and help save lives whilst keeping A&E units free to treat the most urgent cases.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2019, 04:48 PM

Hi

Artful can take his chance, he is no longer protected.

His choice, he believes in the Survival of the fittest.

Good Luck with that

He would not survive in the Real World for seconds.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2019, 05:06 PM

Todger, you gave three methods of determining value per buck
non of which was coherant to me?
What they appear to say is, it does not matter about the
experience of the customer as long as as the service being
supplied is carried out at maximum profit and lowest cost
,What you seem to miss is the fact that the NHS is not a
profit making entity, and it is supposed to be funded by a
special levy, called national insurance which is supposed to
be dedicated to health care! So in theory the chancellor or
anybody else should have no say over that fund whatever
It was in fact a prepaid insurance( as its name implies) or
you could say a health insurance!
That this is no longer the case is due only to governments
having gradually interfering with the management of these
funds, and not to the NHS system itself!
By delegating sections of NHS to private profit orientated
companies only degrades the the whole purpose of NHS as
it was originally envisioned and will result in the whole thing
becoming a gigantic money making enterprise with no room in
it for the unfortunates of society!
Regards Donkeyman!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

27-07-2019, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Really?

My injuries are as a result of protecting everyone, even Pillocks like you.

You believe in the survival of the fittest.

We need a database, look after yourself, we will not come running.

No point in protecting you or your family against Terrorists, you can do it all yourself.

Good Luck with that.

Highly trained are you?

Being Jewish, you would look after yourself and your family without any help from Mossad?

Really?
What has being Jewish got to do with this?????
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

27-07-2019, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
You cannot apply business costing principles to healthcare. It has elements that are too high risk for any business to take on.

In analysing the cost of treatment you cannot simply look at financial costs. There is a massive cost to society if the population's health decreases. Walk in centres, urgent treatment centres and minor injury units are an excellent resource for patients and help save lives whilst keeping A&E units free to treat the most urgent cases.
Cost HAS to be the overriding factor in state provide healthcare. It HAS to be rationed. There really is no alternative.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top