Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2019, 07:42 PM

Re: Boris and his Bloodbath

Who knows how it is going to work out. I look at Boris and think "Oh Gawd" and then he gives such an assured and optimistic speech and I think again - "well said".

As Meg says, anything is better than the slow, lingering death we have endured for the past 3 years. Maybe.....just maybe? Only time will tell, Boris and Co had better be fully prepared for all the s..t that will be hurled at them from the Commons as well as across the pond.
Let's hope our new Government has the strength of their convictions.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2019, 08:00 PM

A couple of news correspondents have suggested PM's speech was like an electoral manifesto.

We have been here before, the country believed Mrs May.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2019, 08:08 PM

Boris has a vision, he is appealing directly to the people of Britain with his speeches, knowing full well that there may be a general election. He knows his first job is to reach out to the people that live outside of Bubbleland who would under normal circumstances, vote for Nigel and his Brexit Party or the LibDems, anything rather than the useless to date Conservative Party.

He has no overall majority and lots of disaffected ousted Remain former cabinet members. Hammond himself has stated that he has 30 MP's ready to vote against a no deal. Hence the need to reach out to the population, young and old alike.

At least he seems very serious on doing exactly as he states. As I said, only time will tell. but Good Luck to him.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2019, 08:10 PM

Shame about the title.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2019, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Boris has a vision, he is appealing directly to the people of Britain with his speeches, knowing full well that there may be a general election. He knows his first job is to reach out to the people that live outside of Bubbleland who would under normal circumstances, vote for Nigel and his Brexit Party or the LibDems, anything rather than the useless to date Conservative Party.

He has no overall majority and lots of disaffected ousted Remain former cabinet members. Hammond himself has stated that he has 30 MP's ready to vote against a no deal. Hence the need to reach out to the population, young and old alike.

At least he seems very serious on doing exactly as he states. As I said, only time will tell. but Good Luck to him.
And we've got rid of Hammond at last! We can now make
proper preperations for no deal!!!
Regards Donkeyman!
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2019, 08:15 PM

Ditto
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2019, 08:30 PM

SG we must not dismiss the group called 'Labour Leave' most of whom have not revealed themselves the site is quiet...
https://www.labourleave.org.uk/

but Twitter is active.

I think if BJ can push forward with leaving and he looks like achieving it making an election more likely they will come out of the shadows and support him having nothing to lose only their seats if they don't.

I think the new cabinet is looking promising and with a bit of luck we should see things moving.

I hope too much of the strategy isn't revealed due to media interviewers putting words in peoples mouths, better to save it for the EU negotiations.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2019, 08:53 PM

I am amazed Amber Rudd has kept her cabinet position an ardent remainder her brother is Roland Rudd who chairs the so-called People's Vote campaign.

She wouldn't be someone I would want in my cabinet, for one thing I would not think she was 'leakproof' .
BJ must have received an assurance from her that she would not oppose leaving without a deal.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2019, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I am amazed Amber Rudd has kept her cabinet position an ardent remainder her brother is Roland Rudd who chairs the so-called People's Vote campaign.

She wouldn't be someone I would want in my cabinet, for one thing I would not think she was 'leakproof' .
BJ must have received an assurance from her that she would not oppose leaving without a deal.

I'm surprised too Meg.

Who knows what the future holds but what about Mogg and Ian Duncan Smith ???
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2019, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->

She is capable and popular so he is wise to have her on side.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top