Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2019, 09:50 PM

Re: Boris and his Bloodbath

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I am amazed Amber Rudd has kept her cabinet position an ardent remainder her brother is Roland Rudd who chairs the so-called People's Vote campaign.

She wouldn't be someone I would want in my cabinet, for one thing I would not think she was 'leakproof' .
BJ must have received an assurance from her that she would not oppose leaving without a deal.
Some blurb about her just published

"Amber Rudd ruled herself out of the running for Tory leader, because she said the party wanted a Brexiteer as PM.

But after previously warning strongly against a no-deal Brexit, she admitted she had changed her mind and now accepted that it was an important part of the leverage to get a deal with the EU.

Ms Rudd, who backed Mr Hunt for the leadership, said she was still concerned about the economic impact of no deal, but added: "I am no longer saying that I will lie down in front of the bulldozers if it arrives."

She resigned as home secretary in April 2018 over her handling of the Windrush controversy, amid a row over targets to remove illegal immigrants, but returned to cabinet seven months later to take up the post at work and pensions.

She has served as MP for Hastings and Rye since 2010, but saw her majority reduced to just 346 in the 2017 election."

Another one who knows on which side her bread is buttered?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2019, 09:54 PM

The first thing Boris has to do when he settles into number ten is to get rid of the stench of despair that permeates everything from the furniture to the wallpaper.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2019, 09:57 PM

Well if it's any comfort fellow Tories, at this point during labours term there had been war crimes and a run on the banks

Feel better ?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2019, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Some blurb about her just published

"Amber Rudd ruled herself out of the running for Tory leader, because she said the party wanted a Brexiteer as PM.

But after previously warning strongly against a no-deal Brexit, she admitted she had changed her mind and now accepted that it was an important part of the leverage to get a deal with the EU.

Ms Rudd, who backed Mr Hunt for the leadership, said she was still concerned about the economic impact of no deal, but added: "I am no longer saying that I will lie down in front of the bulldozers if it arrives."

She resigned as home secretary in April 2018 over her handling of the Windrush controversy, amid a row over targets to remove illegal immigrants, but returned to cabinet seven months later to take up the post at work and pensions.

She has served as MP for Hastings and Rye since 2010, but saw her majority reduced to just 346 in the 2017 election."

Another one who knows on which side her bread is buttered?
Mmmmm ....not someone I would want covering my back...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2019, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I'm surprised too Meg.

Who knows what the future holds but what about Mogg and Ian Duncan Smith ???
B I suppose there can't be a job for everyone, IDS had his day as PM and Mogg may not have been offered a job he considered suitable (think he had his eye on chancellor) . There may be more jobs to come with a dedicated Brexit team?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

24-07-2019, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
The first thing Boris has to do when he settles into number ten is to get rid of the stench of despair that permeates everything from the furniture to the wallpaper.
oh yes....
I understand BJ is moving into number 11 not 10 the flat is bigger ...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

24-07-2019, 10:56 PM

I'm surprised too Meg.

Who knows what the future holds but what about Mogg and Ian Duncan Smith ???
Here we are.....
UK PM Johnson appoints Rees-Mogg as leader of the House of Commons
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2019, 10:57 PM

B I suppose there can't be a job for everyone, IDS had his day as PM and Mogg may not have been offered a job he considered suitable (think he had his eye on chancellor) . There may be more jobs to come with a dedicated Brexit team?

IDS was leader of the conservatives in opposition I think ?

Anyways that doesn't matter ... I think he would he a great cabinet minister
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

24-07-2019, 10:58 PM

Here we are.....

Yeyyy !!!!!!!!

Hurrah!!!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

24-07-2019, 11:15 PM

IDS was leader of the conservatives in opposition I think ?

Anyways that doesn't matter ... I think he would he a great cabinet minister
Yes that is so apologies for my mistake.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top