Join for free
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2019, 12:08 AM

Your perfect leader.

I have been following the discussions here on Brexit, May and Boris etc with some interest. In my country we've had political turmoil and no shortage of embarrassing politicians. (Hanson, Joyce, Abbott etc) and we've had some truly great leaders (Curtin, Whitlam, Hawke, Gillard et al) Thankfully things seem to have settled somewhat with a leader now (Scott Morrison..AKA "SCOMO"/ Liberal National Coalition) I wouldn't rate him in the same ball park(s) as those above but he is if nothing else, sane and focussed more on running the country than on his own ego. Boris Johnson is far from perfect but love him or hate him he is now the leader you have. If you could change that and choose from anybody in the world, the leader you think would be good for the UK, who would it be? If there is nobody you like, describe the qualities you think would make your ideal leader for the UK and the kinds of policies you would like to see from them. PLease if you think it should be you - say so and why. Sounds like a job interview yeah? Our neighbour New Zealand is a great example of how successful and forward looking a country can be regardless of it's size. They are the very epitome of optimism and appropriate confidence in our region. Now they have a leader that can take them to the stars. And good luck to them. Wish she was ours. My choice is Jacinda Ardern.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2019, 01:27 AM

Re: Your perfect leader.

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
I have been following the discussions here on Brexit, May and Boris etc with some interest. In my country we've had political turmoil and no shortage of embarrassing politicians. (Hanson, Joyce, Abbott etc) and we've had some truly great leaders (Curtin, Whitlam, Hawke, Gillard et al) Thankfully things seem to have settled somewhat with a leader now (Scott Morrison..AKA "SCOMO"/ Liberal National Coalition) I wouldn't rate him in the same ball park(s) as those above but he is if nothing else, sane and focussed more on running the country than on his own ego. Boris Johnson is far from perfect but love him or hate him he is now the leader you have. If you could change that and choose from anybody in the world, the leader you think would be good for the UK, who would it be? If there is nobody you like, describe the qualities you think would make your ideal leader for the UK and the kinds of policies you would like to see from them. PLease if you think it should be you - say so and why. Sounds like a job interview yeah? Our neighbour New Zealand is a great example of how successful and forward looking a country can be regardless of it's size. They are the very epitome of optimism and appropriate confidence in our region. Now they have a leader that can take them to the stars. And good luck to them. Wish she was ours. My choice is Jacinda Ardern.
Hi

I agree.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2019, 08:01 AM

Keezoy

There was an insightful article on the subject in last week's Guardian.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/co...as-that-simple

Me? I just want to see what Boris has up his sleeve.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2019, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Keezoy

There was an insightful article on the subject in last week's Guardian.

Me? I just want to see what Boris has up his sleeve.
Yeah me too d00d, his speech yesterday was rousing and if he sticks by what he said he should be good for the country....But we've heard it all before from politicians and after a couple of weeks in the job they turn out the same as all the rest with very few exceptions.....

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top