Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2019, 08:02 AM

Re: Liars

They say that people who lie should have a good memory. I’d say, the listener should have a good memory too.

A woman came to work in the office where l worked. She told me she had a little white poodle that she had chosen from a litter.
Well you can imagine my surprise when some time after, l heard her tell someone, she was in a pub and could hear whimpering from under the long seat where she was sitting. She looked under it and there was a little thin poodle that had been abandoned.

She turned out to be the biggest attention seeker and liar. She was over 50 and found out her husband was having an affair. To win him back she told him she was pregnant. Then, the next week she had lost the ‘baby’, as she had ‘fallen’ down the stairs from top to bottom. There wasn’t a scratch or a bruise.

She had very pale blue twinkling eyes that you couldn’t trust!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2019, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
They say that people who lie should have a good memory. I’d say, the listener should have a good memory too.

A woman came to work in the office, she told me she had a little white poodle that she had chosen from a litter.
Well you can imagine my surprise when some time after, l heard her tell someone, she was in a pub and could hear whimpering from under the long seat where she was sitting. She looked under it and there was a little thin poodle that had been abandoned.

She turned out to be the biggest attention seeker and liar. She was over 50 and found out her husband was having an affair. To win him back she told him she was pregnant. Then, the next week she had lost the ‘baby’, as she had ‘fallen’ down the stairs from top to bottom. There wasn’t a scratch or a bruise.

She had very pale blue twinkling eyes that you couldn’t trust!
Did he stay with her arty
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2019, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Did he stay with her arty

No, LQ. He was a paramedic and was having the affair with a much younger woman at his work.
He left the woman l worked with and they got divorced.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2019, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
No, LQ. He was a paramedic and was having the affair with a much younger woman at his work.
He left the woman l worked with and they got divorced.
She was desperate to keep him with spinning a lie like she did, not sure why she would want to hang on to a cheat but then he obviously didn't want to hang on to a liar. Best thing all round it seems
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2019, 10:11 AM

Lying is a waste of time. Whatever comes down the pike just deal with it.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2019, 11:38 AM

Job applications were often interesting!

They could get candidates as far as being interviewed

Some were copied, word for word, from others.

Some were professionally written by expert writers.

Luckily the eye to eye bit, at interview, should be able to sort it out.

But not always!

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2019, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
A word that hasn't been mentioned unless I missed it is gullible. A lot of people are gullible and that kinda invites others to tell them tall stories.
Yes that's true, you see that a lot, on here too sometimes.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2019, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
People should want justice, never money. If I had been sexually abused by someone I would want them put away for their crime, not money to keep quiet about it.
I agree. It encourages the scammers
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2019, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
This is iffy .
Celebs usually have money and are in the public eye
No use reporting an anonymous bloke who groped you in 1965 is it ?
Especally if he hasn't a bean to his name .
Definitely Celebs in the case of many of the "Me Too" fashion parade with pound signs in their eyes.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top