Join for free
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2019, 06:39 PM

Mark Carney Gets His Reward (NOT)

This, from the Daily Express today.

PARTIAL QUOTE

Project Fear cheerleader Mark Carney FAILS to make shortlist for IMF.

The Brexit Basher and Chief Project Fear Instigator, has failed to impress the International Monetary Fund (IMF) after it emerged the major US organisation decided against giving the Canadian the top job he was gunning for.

The shortlist of names to head the IMF has been reduced to handful of hopefuls, with Mr Carney not having made the cut.
The Guardian reports the Bank of England governor, largely accused of being responsible for the so-called Project Fear campaign, was cited as a contender to take over from managing director Christine Lagarde, who is due to step down in September. Ms. Lagarde will move to the European Central Bank (ECB).

The Governor of the Bank of England had been the bookies favourite to get the job, but failed to appear on the list, drawn up by France’s finance minister, Bruno Le Maire.

Mr Le Maire is organising the process of selecting the candidate.

The job will be awarded to the final candidate after the summer.

PARTIAL UNQUOTE

Well, well. Revenge is a dish served cold! Just reward well deserved for his interfering in British Politics, plus his lies.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2019, 07:22 PM

Re: Mark Carney Gets His Reward (NOT)

It couldn't have not happened to a better person...

Speculating about what might happen when we leave the EU was not part of his job specification and it didn't do the country that gave him a first-class job any favours .
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2019, 08:04 PM

George Osborne didn't get on the list either I don't think ?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2019, 11:05 PM

I wish I had kept up with my violin lessons I took as a boy, I could have played Hearts and Flowers for him.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2019, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
This, from the Daily Express today.

PARTIAL QUOTE

Project Fear cheerleader Mark Carney FAILS to make shortlist for IMF.

The Brexit Basher and Chief Project Fear Instigator, has failed to impress the International Monetary Fund (IMF) after it emerged the major US organisation decided against giving the Canadian the top job he was gunning for.

The shortlist of names to head the IMF has been reduced to handful of hopefuls, with Mr Carney not having made the cut.
The Guardian reports the Bank of England governor, largely accused of being responsible for the so-called Project Fear campaign, was cited as a contender to take over from managing director Christine Lagarde, who is due to step down in September. Ms. Lagarde will move to the European Central Bank (ECB).

The Governor of the Bank of England had been the bookies favourite to get the job, but failed to appear on the list, drawn up by France’s finance minister, Bruno Le Maire.

Mr Le Maire is organising the process of selecting the candidate.

The job will be awarded to the final candidate after the summer.

PARTIAL UNQUOTE

Well, well. Revenge is a dish served cold! Just reward well deserved for his interfering in British Politics, plus his lies.
They want someone who is equally good at embezzlement like the erstwhile Ms Legarde.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2019, 12:53 PM

Carney should have known that any selection would have been rigged to make sure the Winner comes from the USA, or Brussels, maybe China.

Carney could have jumped a couple of years ago and sold himself as "From the US".
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2019, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->

Carney could have jumped a couple of years ago and sold himself as "From the US".
The problem with that is, I believe, Carney is Canadian. He could have passed himself off as Irish though - he has Canadian, British and Irish citizenship.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top