Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2019, 09:51 PM

Umbrella revolution continues!!!

You've got to hand it to the citizens of Hong Kong,
They really believe in their cause!
They even drove the security forces back today, despite
being tear gassed, beaten with clubs and shot at with
rubber bullets!
So far China has restrained itself from over reacting but l
wonder how long they will let things go on?
Things dont auger well for Hong Kong methinks?

Regards Donkeyman!
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2019, 12:21 AM

Re: Umbrella revolution continues!!!

History tells us that when people are stomped on long enough they get to the point where they are prepared to choose death rather than oppression. It might be a bit of a long bow to say that's the situation in Honkers but it's getting closer to it every day. Megalomaniacs and dictators cannot tolerate dissent and they hate real democracy. They parade their military wares and brag about their power but it's usually used on their own people rather than a legitimate foreign enemy. Hong Kongers still remember being a free people. Will it go like North KOrea?..What will Xi do when the revolution spreads to the mainland?..I defy anybody to say that it absolutely will not. We hear all about how many people have been drawn up from poverty etc etc. But what is the price?..Being monitored and controlled down to the finest detail?..Not everybody in China is rich. Only the ones you see in the government films. I think I would rather be poor. And free.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2019, 08:00 AM

I just wonder to what extent the US government are behind what is taking place. There's just too much track record for such not to be the case.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2019, 02:49 PM

Oh, come on AT. My little dog just let one go. Are you going to blame the US for that? I sympathise wholeheartedly with the Hong Kong people. They were promised that nothing would change for 50 years when they agreed to be handed back to China. It is China who is acting like a bully. Hong Kong is so used to their westernised ways, they refuse to be controlled by mainland China who are run by a Communist Party. Little actions such as those arrested and charged being sent to mainland China to be dealt with, is just the start of the thin edge of the wedge.

Why suspend the policy? why not scrap it completely? It is obvious suspending it was just a ploy to placate the people of Hong Kong. It obviously hasn't worked. They're not stupid.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2019, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Oh, come on AT. My little dog just let one go. Are you going to blame the US for that? I sympathise wholeheartedly with the Hong Kong people. They were promised that nothing would change for 50 years when they agreed to be handed back to China. It is China who is acting like a bully. Hong Kong is so used to their westernised ways, they refuse to be controlled by mainland China who are run by a Communist Party. Little actions such as those arrested and charged being sent to mainland China to be dealt with, is just the start of the thin edge of the wedge.

Why suspend the policy? why not scrap it completely? It is obvious suspending it was just a ploy to placate the people of Hong Kong. It obviously hasn't worked. They're not stupid.
Time will eventually tell.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2019, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Time will eventually tell.
Tinfoil hat time methinks..

But I think the protesters have stepped over the line, they won a concession on having accused citizens not moved to China for trial, instead of celebrating they have done what China wants, rioting, which will lead to intervention by China and total military and legal control of the Island. They blew it.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

06-08-2019, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Tinfoil hat time methinks..

But I think the protesters have stepped over the line, they won a concession on having accused citizens not moved to China for trial, instead of celebrating they have done what China wants, rioting, which will lead to intervention by China and total military and legal control of the Island. They blew it.
Tinfoil hat?

Maybe.

But I wouldn't trust the American government, ANY American government if they announced that water was wet.

There's just too much track record of sowing dissent in countries.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2019, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Tinfoil hat?

Maybe.

But I wouldn't trust the American government, ANY American government if they announced that water was wet.

There's just too much track record of sowing dissent in countries.
So the riots are ‘being orchestrated, by the US? I suspect its what China wants in order to impose direct rule, now if you had blamed China I could have agreed.
The US helping China....nahhh!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

06-08-2019, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
So the riots are ‘being orchestrated, by the US? I suspect its what China wants in order to impose direct rule, now if you had blamed China I could have agreed.
The US helping China....nahhh!
Oh dear. Here goes.

Not the Septics helping China, instead stirring up and probably funding the rioters in Honkers.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil

06-08-2019, 05:41 PM

Hello.... The USA stirring up trouble in HK actually helps who?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top