Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2019, 01:23 PM

Re: The importance of getting married

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
I absolutely agree.

But it's not marriage. Calling it marriage devalues the real thing, it doesn't add some sort of value to formal and more importantly legal arrangements, instead it brings real marriage down to the same level. the
Definition of Marriage -

"marriage
[ˈmarɪdʒ]

NOUN
marriages (plural noun)
the legally or formally recognized union of two people as partners in a personal relationship

synonyms:
wedding · wedding ceremony · marriage ceremony · nuptials · union · big day · espousal. conjugal bond · civil partnership

A combination or mixture of elements."

I don't believe calling same sex relationship "a marriage" devalues anything AT. Marriage means differing things to many people. You, IMO, are taking a very narrow view of what the word "marriage" actually means. Marriage is much broader than just one blinkered and prejudiced definition. Lets leave it there, agreeing to differ.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2019, 01:35 PM

Marriage is still the best way to raise children.
Children with two resident parents tend to to better than unmarried ones .
Boys especially need a role model and it's usually but not always best that the role model is their father .
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2019, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Marriage is still the best way to raise children.
Children with two resident parents tend to to better than unmarried ones .
Boys especially need a role model and it's usually but not always best that the role model is their father .
In your opinion!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2019, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Definition of Marriage -

"marriage
[ˈmarɪdʒ]

NOUN
marriages (plural noun)
the legally or formally recognized union of two people as partners in a personal relationship

synonyms:
wedding · wedding ceremony · marriage ceremony · nuptials · union · big day · espousal. conjugal bond · civil partnership

A combination or mixture of elements."

I don't believe calling same sex relationship "a marriage" devalues anything AT. Marriage means differing things to many people. You, IMO, are taking a very narrow view of what the word "marriage" actually means. Marriage is much broader than just one blinkered and prejudices definition. Lets leave it there, agreeing to differ.
I don't give a rat's tuchus for a dictionary definition, marriage is a thing that takes place between two people of opposite sex. To call a LGBT formal relationship is absolutely WRONG and moreover DOES devalue the meaning of REAL marriage.

I will NEVER accept any other definition.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2019, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
In your opinion!
And very much in my opinion also Tara.....

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
I don't give a rat's tuchus for a dictionary definition, marriage is a thing that takes place between two people of opposite sex. To call a LGBT formal relationship is absolutely WRONG and moreover DOES devalue the meaning of REAL marriage.

I will NEVER accept any other definition.
Hear! Hear! Todger.....

And definitions in dictionaries are updated regularly in line with the latest trends and fashions, right or wrongly, and in this case 'Wrongly'
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2019, 03:38 PM

The anti-gay bias by some posters is truly shocking!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2019, 03:58 PM

Look, Babushka, it's not anti GAY in the least. Really. It's nothing other than facing reality and the importance of marriage as it should be.

But even if it was anti-GAY so what? There a great many people in this world who find same sex relationships disgusting.

FWIW I'm not one of them.

I'm indifferent to those who like to be in different.

Just as long as they don't make out that it's normal because apart from anything else mathematically it isn't.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2019, 08:05 PM

And I'm not anti-gay either Tara, what folk get up to in their own home is up to them, and just for the record, I've had very good friends who were gay, but I'll never accept that it's normal. Put it down to my upbringing or something else, I don't know. I just feel that it's totally unnatural.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top