Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2019, 03:18 PM

The Sky clock

Has anyone else noticed that the clock on Sky is sometimes out by about 10-15 minutes? If I 'save' a programme, sometimes the reminder pops up ten minutes before it should. A quick check of the clock shows that Sky thinks it is the correct time. This only happens occasionally, not all the time. I'm taliking about the clock and date shown when you click on the i button or tv schedule.

After a while, it corrects itself.

I have just the basic Sky box, not + or Q.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2019, 08:23 PM

Re: The Sky clock

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Has anyone else noticed that the clock on Sky is sometimes out by about 10-15 minutes? If I 'save' a programme, sometimes the reminder pops up ten minutes before it should. A quick check of the clock shows that Sky thinks it is the correct time. This only happens occasionally, not all the time. I'm taliking about the clock and date shown when you click on the i button or tv schedule.

After a while, it corrects itself.

I have just the basic Sky box, not + or Q.
Satellite delay in Devon Longdogs.....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2019, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Satellite delay in Devon Longdogs.....
Blimey I forgot I posted this.

Thanks Foxy. The funny thing is, it's always fast not slow.

Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2019, 09:40 AM

Blimey I forgot I posted this.

Thanks Foxy. The funny thing is, it's always fast not slow.

Sounds like that well known phenomena the time warp
LD, either you are living in one, or your signal passes
through one?
Regards Donkeyman!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

11-08-2019, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Sounds like that well known phenomena the time warp
LD, either you are living in one, or your signal passes
through one?
Regards Donkeyman!
I hadn't thought of that Donkeyman. I just checked the date on my wall calendar and it says 11/08/2025 but I think everything outside the house is still in 2019. The postman disappeared as he stuck a letter through the letterbox.

Actually, I did Google it and it appears that I am not alone, something to do with satellite signals apparently.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2019, 10:29 AM

I hadn't thought of that Donkeyman. I just checked the date on my wall calendar and it says 11/08/2025 but I think everything outside the house is still in 2019. The postman disappeared as he stuck a letter through the letterbox.

Actually, I did Google it and it appears that I am not alone, something to do with satellite signals apparently.
See I told you.....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

11-08-2019, 10:32 AM

See I told you.....

I think it's where a signal changes from one satellite to another but the new satellite is in a slightly different zone (or something like that). If that is the case, I'm surprised it's not more common.

As always with Google, lots of blah blah blah but no definitive answer.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

11-08-2019, 10:49 AM

I think it's where a signal changes from one satellite to another but the new satellite is in a slightly different zone (or something like that). If that is the case, I'm surprised it's not more common.

As always with Google, lots of blah blah blah but no definitive answer.
Your signal has been all around the world Longy, and still back in time for tea....

Albeit 15 mins late....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

18-08-2019, 01:24 PM

Your signal has been all around the world Longy, and still back in time for tea....

Albeit 15 mins late....
Ha ha true. I suppose 15 minutes isn't bad really at least it wasn't put up in an hotel for a night.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2019, 01:26 PM

We have SkyQ and I’m pleased to say our clock is showing the correct time ....... unless the forum clock is wrong as well!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top