Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2015, 12:59 PM

Re: The young generation

Years ago in Primark their shoes were so comfy and unbeatable value
I bought a pair of boots for £12 so very comfy, I still wear them and that was 14 year ago .............
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2015, 04:02 PM

I personally haven't bought an item of clothing in over 10 years and the Levis I am wearing today are from the 1980s!! Needless to say I keep costs to an absolute minimum when it comes to clothing etc...

That said my wife has always bought expensive handbags, shoes and clothing (although like me she doesn't replace it often, mainly because it is of such good quality it lasts).

I think that if you have the money, which we fortunately do, then there is no reason not to spend it - but I hate people who rub it in others faces.
Uff
Scotland
Uff is female  Uff has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2015, 10:07 PM

Going back to the original post the young lady obviously enjoyed her purchases and if she can afford them then who are we to say yay or nay. It's clear that she knows what she likes and has the determination to get them.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2015, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Uff ->
Going back to the original post the young lady obviously enjoyed her purchases and if she can afford them then who are we to say yay or nay. It's clear that she knows what she likes and has the determination to get them.
No problem with that, just seems daft to pay the higher price just for the sake of it - shame really, I'd rather have 5 outfits for the price of one
ToffeeCup
Hertfordshire
ToffeeCup is female 

07-06-2015, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by oldbugger ->
I personally haven't bought an item of clothing in over 10 years and the Levis I am wearing today are from the 1980s!! Needless to say I keep costs to an absolute minimum when it comes to clothing etc...

That said my wife has always bought expensive handbags, shoes and clothing (although like me she doesn't replace it often, mainly because it is of such good quality it lasts).

I think that if you have the money, which we fortunately do, then there is no reason not to spend it - but I hate people who rub it in others faces.
Having the money is fine definitely go for it but when people brag about how much they've spent, it actually sounds cheap to my way of thinking and yes when you find good quality it's worth that extra money.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top