Join for free
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2012, 08:59 PM

For The Love Of Dogs.

Paul O'Grady, in Battersea dogs home. Very touching stories of how dogs end up there and the people who look after them and who give them homes.

Edit: Catch up here: http://www.itv.com/itvplayer/video/?Filter=323981
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2012, 09:09 PM

Re: For The Love Of Dogs.

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
Paul O'Grady, in Battersea dogs home. Very touching stories of how dogs end up there and the people who look after them and who give them homes.
I didn't watch it, was it good? I find it to emotional watching things like that. All those poor dogs.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2012, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Alicat ->
I didn't watch it, was it good? I find it to emotional watching things like that. All those poor dogs.
Yes it was good Ali. It wasn't too upsetting to watch. One poor bitch that had been used as a puppy machine had been starved and abandoned. But the little lady was well looked after at the dogs home and a loving home was found for her.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2012, 09:16 AM

Had my first dog from Battersea when My husband was in the met Police.She was an old girl but we had her about 3 years. I couldnt watch that now as I get upset , must be in the name Alison.We Alisons are a soft bunch.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2012, 09:30 AM

I watched , it was very good .
That poor Staff 'Sparkle' her condition would break the heart of any dog lover.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2012, 09:38 AM

I watched it and I was so glad they found a home for Sparkle and got her back to health. My only objection to Battersea is they have very stringent rules for rehoming and anyone who works at all doesn't stand a chance. I know its not ideal but with dog walkers it works and you are giving a dog a home environment which has to better than the kennels.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2012, 03:19 PM

I watched it too, via catch-up (added link to the first post too) - thought it was good
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2012, 06:04 PM

I couldn't watch the programme either,too upsetting for me.
We had a rescue dog, a doberman, what a softy. But he frightened the life out of people with his deep bark. Sadly, he wasn't with us long.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top