Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2019, 07:31 PM

Re: Think I have failed the DVLA eye test

Why is the DVLA wanting you to take a test? Do you have to do this every 3 years when the licence is renewed? I thought you just answered questions on a form, and they ask the date of your last eye test. Do we all have to do this now?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2019, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by longdogs ->
if you fail, you have the right to appeal and to use an independent optician. Personally, i would just wait and see what happens, you might be worrying unnecessarily.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2019, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
MDEG MEG MEG

this is a DVLA eye test, something your local optician may not be DVLA approved

is your optician on the DVLA test approval list? mine isn't.

Have to say I am sick with worry that I failed. Been driving for 56 years without even a fine of any sort and only 2 accidents not my fault as proved by insurance payouts. Now may be stopped because of an eye test. Don't seem right to me

if I am stopped my existing licence is valid until end of November, is that still valid or cancelled?
You should still appeal and explain why.

You could suggest being tested at an alternative optician.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2019, 07:38 PM

Roxy as soon a you reach 70 yrs old you have to renew your licence every 3 years and if you want to drive a 15 seater you have to then take a seperate driving test.

If you have a medical condition affecting the eyes then you have to declare it on the renewal form as well as if you need glasses to drive or not.

if you have a medical condition affecting the eyes the DVLA must be informed and then they arrange an eye test to see if your ok to carry on driving.

this may help

https://www.gov.uk/health-conditions-and-driving

have a read, bet you did'nt know all in the list can stop you driving
i was stopped by an eye surgeon after an operation on one of mine so had to surrender my licence. The fine is horrendous if you don't

Quote" You can be fined up to £1,000 if you do not tell DVLA about a medical condition that affects your driving. You may be prosecuted if you’re involved in an accident as a result." unquote

Applied for a DVLA test after 18 months passed and got my licence back for the next 3 years. Now I have to have the same test every 3 years due to my Glaucoma
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2019, 07:51 PM

WOW, Your right that's some list. They want to know so much don't they.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2019, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->

How many realise they may not actually be allowed to drive but failed to notify the DVLA of their condition I wonder.

This is why i am taking this route, if I should have an accident, the DVLA are already aware of my condition and given permission for me to drive.

So I am driving legally, not landing in court with a £1,000 fine plus costs plus damage to other party as my insurance would not pay out

Imagine hitting another expensive car and the repair costs are £10,000 for example let alone personal injury, I would have to pay that let alone repair to my own car. frightening isn't it?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

25-09-2019, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
It is indeed.

I got as far as B and saw 'blood pressure'.

That worried me!

After all, we all have blood pressure. If we didn't, we'd be dead.

Now, should I own up to the DVLA?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

25-09-2019, 08:12 PM

JBR
it is up to you, I forgot to mention blood pressure as well and on a tablet a day to keep it down.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

25-09-2019, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
JBR
it is up to you, I forgot to mention blood pressure as well and on a tablet a day to keep it down.
I fear you missed my sarcasm.

It is, after all, sometimes quite subtle.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2019, 10:00 PM

I clicked on a few and in most cases you don't necessarily need to do anything e.g. BP

"
Car and motorcycle licence

Ask your doctor if you’re not sure if your blood pressure treatment will affect your driving.
You must tell DVLA about your condition if your treatment causes side effects that could affect your driving. Fill in form BP1 and send it to DVLA. The address is on the form.

Glaucoma

Car or motorbike licence

If your glaucoma only affects one eye

You don’t need to tell DVLA if you’re diagnosed with glaucoma in one eye and your other eye has a normal field of vision.
You must tell DVLA if your glaucoma affects one eye and either of the following also apply:
  • you have a medical condition in your other eye
  • you can’t meet the visual standards for driving

HIV and driving

You don’t need to tell DVLA if you have HIV.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top