Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2019, 03:16 PM

Re: Brexit Party Contraction?

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
They have to take what is on offer. The UK needs the EU more than the EU needs the UK. Compris?
I call BS
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2019, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
I call BS
Whatever you call it, the facts don't change.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2019, 03:31 PM

I'm afraid that it looks like we are going to end up in the same way as Ireland and Denmark.

The EU is powerful and to compound matters they have many of our own politicians in their pocket.

The signs are, I'm sad to say, that we will not escape the EU after all. BRINO, as many have said, is not Brexit. We will remain in the EU in one form or another and the past several years will have been a complete waste of time and money.

I'm afraid that the only way we will leave the EU is after it collapses due to its inept financial policies.

Even then, due to our protracted membership, our country will also suffer financially.

Well done, Boris. Well done, most of our politicians. Well done, the EU.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2019, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I'm afraid that it looks like we are going to end up in the same way as Ireland and Denmark.

The EU is powerful and to compound matters they have many of our own politicians in their pocket.

The signs are, I'm sad to say, that we will not escape the EU after all. BRINO, as many have said, is not Brexit. We will remain in the EU in one form or another and the past several years will have been a complete waste of time and money.

I'm afraid that the only way we will leave the EU is after it collapses due to its inept financial policies.

Even then, due to our protracted membership, our country will also suffer financially.

Well done, Boris. Well done, most of our politicians. Well done, the EU.
You have given the EU an important impetus. By your actions you made other countries evaluate their membership. Results were clear in recent elections for europarliament. No one, not a single country nor a single political party promoted leaving the EU. The british actions solidified the EU in an ever stronger bond. So the EU will gratefully accept you remaining in their midst.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2019, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

Once that actually happens it is then up to Leavers to make their stand and take action.

As a minimum I would say we should boycott all French and German goods. No more buying Audi's, BMWs, VW's, Mercedes etc.

Businesses can stop buying iron, steel, mineral fuels and pharmaceuticals from Germany and so on.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2019, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Once that actually happens it is then up to Leavers to make their stand and take action.

As a minimum I would say we should boycott all French and German goods. No more buying Audi's, BMWs, VW's, Mercedes etc.

Businesses can stop buying iron, steel, mineral fuels and pharmaceuticals from Germany and so on.
I haven't bought anything French for years now.

As things become worse; as we become more under the jackboot, I imagine we'll see more and more protesting and even rioting on the streets.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2019, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
I have no idea why you slavishly promulgate the notion that The EU saying NO to something is an unchangeable standpoint.

They said NO to Boris's request to renogtiating May's Withdrawal Agreement,.......and what happened??

They renogotiated.

The EU like making deals............They will always talk deals!
Hi

The so called deal that Boris got was the same one May was offered and which she turned down over a year ago.

It treats NI Differently and is what Varadkar wanted.

The EU have positions they will not move on.

We will not get better than Canada and Japan because those Trade Deals have clauses in them about equivalence, give us more than them and the EU would have to give the same additional benefits to Canada and Japan.

It is not in their Interests to do so.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2019, 10:29 AM

You have given the EU an important impetus. By your actions you made other countries evaluate their membership. Results were clear in recent elections for europarliament. No one, not a single country nor a single political party promoted leaving the EU. The british actions solidified the EU in an ever stronger bond. So the EU will gratefully accept you remaining in their midst.
I wonder how long your country will feel such loyalty to the EU? Only last week I read that the EU was stating that it is only fair that more funding should be given to the EU from certain richer member states such as Germany and the Netherlands!!

Regardless of how we obtain Brexit, it will be done, and once we are out, the EU will be looking at ways to fill the coffers that this cash cow once help fill. I don't envy you because all eyes are already looking your way!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

18-11-2019, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
I wonder how long your country will feel such loyalty to the EU? Only last week I read that the EU was stating that it is only fair that more funding should be given to the EU from certain richer member states such as Germany and the Netherlands!!

Regardless of how we obtain Brexit, it will be done, and once we are out, the EU will be looking at ways to fill the coffers that this cash cow once help fill. I don't envy you because all eyes are already looking your way!
The EU isn't looking our way or in any other way. Do you still not understand? We ourselves are the EU. We all pay an amount based on the same rules, what can be more fair? We all benefit.
Do you think the misery dutch would be member if they didn't get more out of it than they put in? Sure as hell, the netherlands are beneficiaries even though they are net contributors based on membership dues.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2019, 07:04 PM

The EU isn't looking our way or in any other way. Do you still not understand? We ourselves are the EU. We all pay an amount based on the same rules, what can be more fair? We all benefit.
Do you think the misery dutch would be member if they didn't get more out of it than they put in? Sure as hell, the netherlands are beneficiaries even though they are net contributors based on membership dues.
The problem is the budget has gone up.

You pay more no matter what happens now - you don't have a choice. It's one of the reasons we are leaving.

Poland benefits the most. Netherlands, not. There are only about 6 net contributors left anyway, there is no magic EU money tree, especially since Germanys manufacturing is going legs up.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top