Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2019, 11:54 PM

Question time - does anyone else do this?

When you see Question time on the tv programme these days do you inwardly groan and swiftly switch over to anything but that?! I've just switched to BBC1 and it's like a real downer to see Question time and I have no idea who any of these panelists are. Tell me that there is someone out there who still enjoys this programme!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2019, 12:51 AM

Re: Question time - does anyone else do this?

I stuck it for around ten minutes but that Labour woman got on my nerves with her waffling.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2019, 02:03 AM

The Brexit Party leader impressed me with his manner of speech. I haven't heard him speak before and I have to say that he shares with Nigel Farage that particularly convincing manner.

I found it interesting that in that city - Hull - which is traditionally Labour, the general election is likely to turn out to be rather less supporting of the Labour party than it has been.

I'd like to see the Brexit Party take the seat, and I'd hazard a guess that the other parties don't really stand much of a chance.
Boot
England
Boot is female  Boot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2019, 02:08 AM

I usually forget when QT is on TV but in the last few weeks, I’ve been looking for it and watching it on Catch Up TV.

I think there’s been some good audiences from up North in recent weeks.

I haven’t seen it this week but if I’ve missed it, I’ll probably catch up over the weekend.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2019, 07:14 AM

I forgot it was on...... I've had an overload of politics so I probably blocked it out. I've voted now anyway (postal vote) so it's done.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2019, 07:45 AM

Its a bit of a sad indictment but, gave up on this programme some years ago.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2019, 09:34 AM

Question Time = Brexit = boring. No interesting panellists, plenty of political 'sniping'
so the same old, same old these days – no thanks!
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2019, 09:56 AM

Yes, it can be boring but it,s nice to hear other peoples points of view. I know the audience is vetted and hand picked but some of the topics I find are of interest.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2019, 10:02 AM

I still watch Question time but prefer Any Questions followed by Any answers on radio 4.

Question time has received a lot of criticism for having an 'unbalanced' panel full of pro-remain supporters, there has been some attempt to address this of late .
Last night it had 3 remain supporters Dodds, Davy and Blackford and 2 for leave Tice and Cleverly.

I usually record it and start watching 10 minutes after the start so I can fast forward through people like Blackford who sounds like a stuck record going on about Scottish independence.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2019, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I still watch Question time but prefer Any Questions followed by Any answers on radio 4.

Question time has received a lot of criticism for having an 'unbalanced' panel full of pro-remain supporters, there has been some attempt to address this of late .
Last night it had 3 remain supporters Dodds, Davy and Blackford and 2 for leave Tice and Cleverly.

I usually record it and start watching 10 minutes after the start so I can fast forward through people like Blackford who sounds like a stuck record going on about Scottish independence.

Last night's wasn't so bad. It is clear what the people of Hull think about politics these days!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top