Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2013, 06:42 PM

Disaster movies...

...that are anything but!

Watching one I recorded recently (forget the title) but so far all the characters are having what I call a Bruce Willis moment. That is, while the world around them is crashing to Armageddon, they just drive along - in blue skies and calm - talking quietly about everything and nothing, oblivious to the fact that they may be facing death or harm. Or several are walking around in fake snow - bare armed - with ne'er a shiver!

The writers pad out the so called action with nothingness, and it ruins the film.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2013, 06:46 PM

Re: Disaster movies...

God that is so true !!
Cant stand those movies - seen one seen them all !
And, Bruce Willis - Yuk !

Reminds me of the old movies, where the Zombie is chasing the girl in her white nightgown - I mean they just 'dont' run do they - they lurch forward ! Even I could out-run them I'm sure !
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2013, 09:43 PM

All a bit of a muchness aren't they. The Day After Tomorrow is an excellent film though staring Dennis Quaid.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2013, 10:55 PM

That's a good movie, I also like "2012". My favourite of all time has to be "The Poseidon Adventure" I don't like water, after that I disliked it even more!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2013, 02:10 PM

The Poseidon Adventure was a good film, if you mean the original with Shelley Winters .....
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2013, 02:18 PM

Yes, but couldn't stand her myself, nor what is face Red Buttons or Mickey Roonie, can't remember. But the film was good!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

16-09-2013, 02:20 PM

- cant please ya gal ......
Not a fan of Rooney or Red either
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

16-09-2013, 02:23 PM

Liked Ernest Borgnine!
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2013, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
The Poseidon Adventure was a good film, if you mean the original with Shelley Winters .....
Yes, that was a great movie but... and I will come across as some sort of pervert here again but I was fairly young and very virile then - what sticks in my mind was the short skirt one woman was wearing. I kept waiting for a part of the film where she was forced to stretch her legs a bit . Well lets face it why did she have such a short skirt on in the first place ?

Yeah, great knickers shot movie lol. Titillation at it's best .
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2013, 02:31 PM

I can't stand disaster movies, if you have seen one you have seen them all.
It's the same plot every time, a divorced couple, she's an expert in one thing, and he's an expert in another, then they have to work together to save the world...... Boring.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top