Join for free
Page 11 of 15 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2015, 03:07 PM

Re: Same old faces

Yup. I agree. Boring and miserable.What do you think this is - University Challenge?

We are all quite capable of talking seriously about important subjects when necessary, but also light humour can often relieve a tense situation too.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2015, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yup. I agree. Boring and miserable.

Never mind Mups, tomorrows another day and the sun may shine.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2015, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Never mind Mups, tomorrows another day and the sun may shine.

I'm fine thanks Nom. I'm not usually miserable by nature, but occasionally it gets on me wick people moaning about 'cliques' here.
Off to bath a dog or two now, they look like little tramps at the mo. Tar-ar
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2015, 11:23 PM

I tried out a few other forums before I settled down on to this one.
Some other forums are suffocated with rules about this and that, this one looked very friendly and you don't have to be a member to have a look around and see how it flows. It is also easy to navigate [unlike some] there will always be differences of opinions on how a forum should be run, but a good forum is one which allows expression of those opinions.
jaywalker
Hobart, Tasmania
jaywalker is female  jaywalker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2015, 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Usually it's only when topic is exhausted it happens anyway from what I can see.
I find it does sometimes happen almost right at the beginning of a serious topic - one funny comment leads to many others, sometimes as if people are trying to outdo one another with humorous quips.

HOWEVER, I just scroll over them till I pick up a comment I want to respond to. No big deal really once you accept the fact that people are what they are.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2015, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by jaywalker ->
I find it does sometimes happen almost right at the beginning of a serious topic - one funny comment leads to many others, sometimes as if people are trying to outdo one another with humorous quips.

HOWEVER, I just scroll over them till I pick up a comment I want to respond to. No big deal really once you accept the fact that people are what they are.
You may be right I don't read every thread, but like you I can pick and chose what posts I answer, sometimes a laugh in the middle of a serious thread is a well needed break if tensions are running high. But it's easy to come back on topic just answer a serious post no one as we have both found will stop us
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2015, 09:22 AM

A serious topic such as this needs a thought provoking yet serious reply! I love everyone! Always have, always will. Even the nasty sods need love.. well I do anyway.XXXX
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2015, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
A serious topic such as this needs a thought provoking yet serious reply! I love everyone! Always have, always will. Even the nasty sods need love.. well I do anyway.XXXX
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2015, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yup. I agree. Boring and miserable.What do you think this is - University Challenge?

We are all quite capable of talking seriously about important subjects when necessary, but also light humour can often relieve a tense situation too.
Perfect
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2015, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
Sometimes it is more fun to add a serious reply to a funny topic.

Page 11 of 15 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top