Join for free
Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
big ben's Avatar
big ben
Senior Member
big ben is offline
United Kingdom
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 541
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
04-11-2019, 10:49 AM
1

World gone mad!!

So now we hear that the words "Ladies and Gentlemen please be seated" are no longer to be used at theatres for fear of offending transgender customers.
Has this world gone completely mad?
Reply With Quote
Twink55's Avatar
Twink55
Chatterbox
Twink55 is offline
Cheshire, England
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 15,192
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
04-11-2019, 11:01 AM
2

Re: World gone mad!!

Originally Posted by big ben ->
So now we hear that the words "Ladies and Gentlemen please be seated" are no longer to be used at theatres for fear of offending transgender customers.
Has this world gone completely mad?
I am afraid that theatres that go along with this will help create these problems!
If somebody is transgender they would have to consider themselves male or female... so they should decide whether they want to be called a lady or a man..... so in this case there could be no offence.
It is up to the individual how they live, but they can't expect the rest of the world to change things just because they are different!
Reply With Quote
OldGreyFox's Avatar
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
OldGreyFox is online now
South Yorkshire
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 12,095
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
04-11-2019, 11:40 AM
3

Re: World gone mad!!

Somebody is doing this on purpose to stir up bad feeling for the minorities Ben. It's time this sort of stirring was stopped and seen for what it really is. Provocation!
Reply With Quote
Longdogs's Avatar
Longdogs
Chatterbox
Longdogs is offline
England
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 33,539
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
04-11-2019, 11:46 AM
4

Re: World gone mad!!

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I am afraid that theatres that go along with this will help create these problems!
If somebody is transgender they would have to consider themselves male or female... so they should decide whether they want to be called a lady or a man..... so in this case there could be no offence.
It is up to the individual how they live, but they can't expect the rest of the world to change things just because they are different!
That's how I see it. If a man goes through all the trouble of becoming a woman, how can he get upset when he is called one? Surely it would be like a dream come true?
Reply With Quote
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
swimfeeders is online now
Shropshire
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 18,410
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
04-11-2019, 11:50 AM
5

Re: World gone mad!!

Hi

I just ignore this stupidity.
Reply With Quote
keezoy
Senior Member
keezoy is online now
Sydney, Australia
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 931
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
04-11-2019, 12:12 PM
6

Re: World gone mad!!

May I offer a detached observation about all this. The LGBT part of LGBTIQ is covered there but I think it's the IQ part that is potentially offended. IT's becoming like a complex mathematical equation. Lesbians identify as female. Gay men identify as men. Same as with Bisexual people. TRansexuals identify as the opposite sex that they are and have
either transitioned or are a a "work in progress" But the intersex and "queer" group don't identify with either sex or are into seeing themselves as something else etc. I have known members of all those groups and I have to say that although their sexual orientation may seem weird and strange to "normal" people like us, it dies not mean they are automatically devoid of intelligence, rationality or any other desirable human trait. And it certainly doesn't mean they are mad. Conversely yes they have a responsibility to take others opinions and feeling into account as well. It's all about balance. And for the record I think Ladies and Gentlemen should continue to be said. Tolerance all round yeah?
Reply With Quote
Rehab44's Avatar
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Rehab44 is offline
Midlands
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 10,442
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
04-11-2019, 01:35 PM
7

Re: World gone mad!!

Since I am a white, heterosexual, ex working class, still tax paying male who drives a car, served in HM armed forces, is a conservative (with a small ‘C’) and voted for BREXIT I am, therefore, regarded as the Source Of All Evil.
Shame I’m not Jewish as I would be highest scoring card in the Source Of Evil Top Trumps pack.
This also means I am a racist, Islamophobic, misogynistic potential rapist who is also a homophobic, ill informed and facist little Englander who is destroying the environment.
I am seriously considering becoming species free and identifying as a Wart Hog, fat, grumpy, hairy in parts, and snort a lot, hopefully this will cancel out my failings listed above.
I apologise to the millennials for being born.
Reply With Quote
Besoeker's Avatar
Besoeker
Senior Member
Besoeker is offline
Doncaster, UK
Joined: Jun 2018
Posts: 4,608
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
04-11-2019, 01:45 PM
8

Re: World gone mad!!

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Tolerance all round yeah?
Quite. And we don't need to be lectured to, or lectured at, by those who shout at us about inequality.
Reply With Quote
d00d's Avatar
d00d
Senior Member
d00d is offline
London, UK
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 3,737
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
04-11-2019, 02:30 PM
9

Re: World gone mad!!

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
May I offer a detached observation about all this. The LGBT part of LGBTIQ is covered there but I think it's the IQ part that is potentially offended. IT's becoming like a complex mathematical equation. Lesbians identify as female. Gay men identify as men. Same as with Bisexual people. TRansexuals identify as the opposite sex that they are and have
either transitioned or are a a "work in progress" But the intersex and "queer" group don't identify with either sex or are into seeing themselves as something else etc. I have known members of all those groups and I have to say that although their sexual orientation may seem weird and strange to "normal" people like us, it dies not mean they are automatically devoid of intelligence, rationality or any other desirable human trait. And it certainly doesn't mean they are mad. Conversely yes they have a responsibility to take others opinions and feeling into account as well. It's all about balance. And for the record I think Ladies and Gentlemen should continue to be said. Tolerance all round yeah?
"Ladies, Gentlemen & Queers", it is then. Sorted.
Reply With Quote
Longdogs's Avatar
Longdogs
Chatterbox
Longdogs is offline
England
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 33,539
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
04-11-2019, 02:30 PM
10

Re: World gone mad!!

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Since I am a white, heterosexual, ex working class, still tax paying male who drives a car, served in HM armed forces, is a conservative (with a small C) and voted for BREXIT I am, therefore, regarded as the Source Of All Evil.
Shame Im not Jewish as I would be highest scoring card in the Source Of Evil Top Trumps pack.
This also means I am a racist, Islamophobic, misogynistic potential rapist who is also a homophobic, ill informed and facist little Englander who is destroying the environment.
I am seriously considering becoming species free and identifying as a Wart Hog, fat, grumpy, hairy in parts, and snort a lot, hopefully this will cancel out my failings listed above.
I apologise to the millennials for being born.
Maybe we could start a club.
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

Thread Tools


© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top

Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.