Join for free
Page 109 of 164 « First < 9 59 99 107 108 109 110 111 119 159 > Last »
DaveA
Massachusetts, US
DaveA is male  DaveA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2021, 10:25 PM

Re: Covid-19 Vaccinations

Mags - -My wife and I (both in our 80's) had both of the Pfizer shots and had no problems with either. Maybe a bit tired for a day after the 2nd shot but nothing of any concern. This was back on Mar. 3rd..
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2021, 10:27 PM

I absolutely don't believe that any variant will be as deadly once you have had the vaccine. It may make us sick but I don't see what all the panic is about.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2021, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I heard today that because of this new variant, the vaccine makers think they will need to 'tweak' the current vaccines being used.
It went on to say that if so, another booster will also be required!!!!

If that does happen, no way will I have THREE vaccines.

My belief is this virus will continue mutating, so how many different 'tweaked' versions would they expect us to have done??
I expected this Mups, and it was one of the reasons I refused the vaccine.....Not only will the accumulative effects have to be taken into account, but the human immune system will (I believe) be seriously damaged by trying alter it with unknown chemicals.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2021, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I absolutely don't believe that any variant will be as deadly once you have had the vaccine. It may make us sick but I don't see what all the panic is about.
No need to take a risk with the vaccine Annie if you're one of the 64 million who have not had the virus. And there's no reason why you should catch it if are sensible. Obviously, those people who still have to go to work should have the vaccine, and if I was still a working man and mixing with other people I would have the vaccine too, but being retired and living a reclusive life my odds of catching covid, or any other airborne virus are very long indeed.....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2021, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
No need to take a risk with the vaccine Annie if you're one of the 64 million who have not had the virus. And there's no reason why you should catch it if are sensible. Obviously, those people who still have to go to work should have the vaccine, and if I was still a working man and mixing with other people I would have the vaccine too, but being retired and living a reclusive life my odds of catching covid, or any other airborne virus are very long indeed.....
Exactly. I do just the same: avoid people like the plague!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2021, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by DaveA ->
Mags - -My wife and I (both in our 80's) had both of the Pfizer shots and had no problems with either. Maybe a bit tired for a day after the 2nd shot but nothing of any concern. This was back on Mar. 3rd..
Thanks Dave, that’s good to know.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2021, 11:18 PM

Felt a bit shit after the first one but, hope the second one will be better.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2021, 11:21 PM

I had chills and sore arm after 1st jab of astra zenica , my son also who's 50 had the same . Lasted about 2 days . I snuggled down in bed with hot water bottle . Not worried now about 2nd jab as know it will be ok .

Some have had quite unpleasant side effects I hear . Some non at all
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2021, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Well I intend to mix with people socially hopefully in the near future!

Once I am three weeks post my first jab I fully intend to be less paranoid when going into a shop or seeing people. One dose should give 60-86% protection. Given my violent reaction I reckon I have some anti bodies kicking around with DM boots.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2021, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
Roxy, you need to edit this thread to change the word from jag to jab otherwise you are going to get a lot more off the cuff remarks than you will genuine comments.
Sorry Dodge but I can't edit my original post as the option is no longer there. I have never said jab, all my life everyone I know has always called injections a jag. Never gave it a second thought that it was also short for Jaguar.

Page 109 of 164 « First < 9 59 99 107 108 109 110 111 119 159 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top