Join for free
Page 139 of 246 « First < 39 89 129 137 138 139 140 141 149 189 239 > Last »
Richmond
United Kingdom
Richmond is female  Richmond has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2020, 05:31 PM

Re: Let's have a laugh

How grandchildren perceive their grandparents

1. I was in the bathroom, putting on my makeup, under the watchful eyes of my young granddaughter, as I'd done many times before. After I applied my lipstick and started to leave, the little one said, "But Grandma, you forgot to kiss the toilet paper good-bye!" I will probably never put lipstick on again without thinking about kissing the toilet paper good-bye....

2. My young grandson called the other day to wish me Happy Birthday. He asked me how old I was, and I told him, 72. My grandson was quiet for a moment, and then he asked, "Did you start at 1?"

3. After putting her grandchildren to bed, a grandmother changed into old slacks and a droopy blouse and proceeded to wash her hair. As she heard the children getting more and more rambunctious, her patience grew thin. Finally, she threw a towel around her head and stormed into their room, putting them back to bed with stern warnings. As she left the room, she heard the three-year-old say with a trembling voice, "Who was THAT?"
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2020, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Richmond ->

1. I was in the bathroom, putting on my makeup, under the watchful eyes of my young granddaughter, as I'd done many times before. After I applied my lipstick and started to leave, the little one said, "But Grandma, you forgot to kiss the toilet paper good-bye!" I will probably never put lipstick on again without thinking about kissing the toilet paper good-bye....

2. My young grandson called the other day to wish me Happy Birthday. He asked me how old I was, and I told him, 72. My grandson was quiet for a moment, and then he asked, "Did you start at 1?"

3. After putting her grandchildren to bed, a grandmother changed into old slacks and a droopy blouse and proceeded to wash her hair. As she heard the children getting more and more rambunctious, her patience grew thin. Finally, she threw a towel around her head and stormed into their room, putting them back to bed with stern warnings. As she left the room, she heard the three-year-old say with a trembling voice, "Who was THAT?"
Especially no. 2
effingpot
Hampshire, UK
effingpot is male  effingpot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2020, 05:53 PM

Meanwhile back in the Flirtaceous Period!

JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2020, 02:28 PM

I'd post this in the OFF Yorkshire section, but I don't think anyone looks at it any more!

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image 1.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	12073  
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2020, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I'd post this in the OFF Yorkshire section, but I don't think anyone looks at it any more!
Not bad!
Definition of a Yorkshireman?
A Scotsman with the generosity wrung out.........
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2020, 02:45 PM

Love it JBR.... and so accurate
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2020, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Richmond ->

Number three really made me laugh.... my little grandson face timed me the other morning when I had just stepped out of the shower so I had wet hair and no make up.... result was he cried and I had to ring him back when I didnt look so scary
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2020, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Not bad!
Definition of a Yorkshireman?
A Scotsman with the generosity wrung out.........
That used to be - an Aberdonian Jew with the generosity squeezed out of him.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2020, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
That used to be - an Aberdonian Jew with the generosity squeezed out of him.
We live in Yorkshire now. Moved about a year ago. Brilliant Yorkshire neighbours.

Englishman was driving in the west of Ireland and got lost. He stopped to ask a passer by for directions to Tipperary. The passer by paused.........
"Well sir, if I were you I wouldn't start from here..."
Richmond
United Kingdom
Richmond is female  Richmond has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2020, 04:30 PM

Of course he was/is -- Yorkshire is God's Country!

Who would not want to work at home here!!??

Good Post!

Page 139 of 246 « First < 39 89 129 137 138 139 140 141 149 189 239 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top