Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2020, 11:31 AM

Photo Competition?

Someone this morning mentioned resurrecting the photo competition (sorry by I can't find the post now), but I wondered if there would be much enthusiasm for it? If there was enough then I'd be willing to start it again for awhile to see how it goes, so leave a post on here if you would be interested..
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2020, 11:52 AM

Re: Photo Competition?

As long as a person posting uses their own photos and not a royality free one, why not. The rules would have to be explicit such as allowing editing or not and the photos were 800 x600 not some tiny ones as in the past

If members used " Imgur.com" that would get the size right and it is free
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2020, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
As long as a person posting uses their own photos and not a royality free one, why not. The rules would have to be explicit such as allowing editing or not and the photos were 800 x600 not some tiny ones as in the past

In that case, count me out, I use thumbnails all the time. They can be clicked on to make them bigger. I refuse to use any other way.
Chardon-B
France
Chardon-B is female 

11-03-2020, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Someone this morning mentioned resurrecting the photo competition (sorry by I can't find the post now), but I wondered if there would be much enthusiasm for it? If there was enough then I'd be willing to start it again for awhile to see how it goes, so leave a post on here if you would be interested..
Yes I raised it, the post has been moved and it is under "Announcements" "Forum help & Contact". It was responded to, see what you think and what the views are here. It would be possible to do it with rules as mentioned by Tiffany...
Chardon-B
France
Chardon-B is female 

11-03-2020, 12:41 PM

Sorry, meant "Realspeed"
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2020, 12:47 PM

They seem ridiculous requirements to me RS, by all means the photo must have to be taken by the entrant, but most of us don't have the technical knowledge for the rest of that! As I've said to you in the past, if you want a competition for you professionals then by all means set one up between yourselves, to the specifications that you prefer, you've obviously got the technical ability!

So no, if I were to bring the competition back it would be with the original rules primarily aimed at amateurs, to allow as much participation as possible with the minimum technical knowledge requirement.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2020, 12:52 PM

They seem ridiculous requirements to me RS, by all means the photo must have to be taken by the entrant, but most of us don't have the technical knowledge for the rest of that! As I've said to you in the past, if you want a competition for you professionals then by all means set one up between yourselves, to the specifications that you prefer, you've obviously got the technical ability!

So no, if I were to bring the competition back it would be with the original rules primarily aimed at amateurs, to allow as much participation as possible with the minimum technical knowledge requirement.

Thank you Barry. I would enter with those rules. A lot of us use thumbnails here.
Chardon-B
France
Chardon-B is female 

11-03-2020, 12:53 PM

Yes I agree it should be as least technical as possible and to suit as many as possible. Only photos taken by the individual. I am not sure what the sizing restrictions are for this forum? Barry if you wanted to set out some rules we could add support from there??
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2020, 02:30 PM

A professional is someone who makes money from photography in case you didn't know. I HAVE NEVER DONE THIS . So I am not a professional. Get your facts right first before making accusations That link I posted is easy for anyone to use not to be dismissed out of hand by those who can't be bothered to even try
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

11-03-2020, 02:33 PM

A professional is someone who makes money from photography in case you didn't know. I HAVE NEVER DONE THIS . So I am not a professional. Get your facts right first before making accusations That link I posted is easy for anyone to use not to be dismissed out of hand by those who can't be bothered to even try
I tried it & couldn't get on with it. Thumbnails directly from my PC are so much easier for me to do. If people are too lazy to click on the thumbnails that isn't my fault.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top