Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2012, 05:50 PM

Re: The Race For The White House

Since Newt Gingrich wants to commit the U.S. to building a space station on the moon, perhaps we can nominate him to 'go first' and eliminate him from the race to the White House as a result.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2012, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by chihuahua1 ->
Is the number of Americans who could vote but don't! I could be wrong but I think I read somewhere that half of all Americans do not even bother to cast a vote. Our military fights in foreign countries and here to give us that opportunity and right and we're so apathetic that we don't vote? I have children who don't vote, so I don't let them complain about who is elected.I do think that the nastiness of both parties during the nominations turns people off. I have heard that Obama granted Federal grants for a company in Indiana to make batteries for the Volt car and it had problems and filed bankruptcy, so was that his fault? a bad business decision? He was supposed to effectively be a bridge to bring both parties together and he hasn't been. He seems more aloof and cold now but our other choices, are they any better? What do you guys think?
I can sympathize with Americans who don't because they feel their isn't a decent candidate that they actually support. We seem to be stck in a cycle of voting for the least dangerous candidate instead of someone who can actually do some good.
chihuahua1
New Member!
Ohio usa
chihuahua1 is female 

31-01-2012, 07:05 PM

Yep it's sad. I can't find my smiley faces. New here......
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2012, 09:14 AM

Chihuahua darlin' - smileys are there providing you use 'Reply' instead of 'quick reply'.
chihuahua1
New Member!
Ohio usa
chihuahua1 is female 

01-02-2012, 08:31 PM

Thanks much!
Hu99
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Hu99 is male  Hu99 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2012, 08:41 PM

It's astonishing that the Republican party can only come up with such a motley bunch of possible candidates, it's almost as if they're resigned to another term for Bam-Bam and no quality Republican candidate wants the stigma of a loss on their record.

You have to feel sorry for Obama though, he had a golden opportunity to actually change things for the average American but the he was scuppered by the global economic meltdown and spent the first half of his term putting out fires (figuratively).

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top