Join for free
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2012, 08:14 PM

Rich, educated people more likely to lie, cheat

Article in today's CBC online. "...wealthier, better educated, more successful people have a greater tendency to lie, cheat and cut off pedestrians while driving, compared with their poorer neighbours." Comments?

Here's the link if you wish to read more.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2012, 08:43 PM

Re: Rich, educated people more likely to lie, cheat

I should have thought that was common knowledge AJ, the ordinary Folk are the salt of the Earth and always have been in my experience, unfortunately the ordinary people don't rule the World. I remember on TV years ago, an American General was collared by a reporter during an anti Vietnam war protest, the General could not understand why the whole Country was not behind the war effort. "It's because the people don't want this war Sir". The General replied furiously without thinking, "If it was left to the people there would be no wars". How true that is.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2012, 08:58 AM

That is on the other side of the Pond AJ, here only those on benefits can afford the fuel for cars.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2012, 11:37 AM

I don't know any of these kind of people on a personal level, so I'll pass on any condemnation of them.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2012, 02:51 PM

Article in today's CBC online. "...wealthier, better educated, more successful people have a greater tendency to lie, cheat and cut off pedestrians while driving, compared with their poorer neighbours." Comments?
I can't comment on the USA but here in the UK there are nice and not so nice people in every sector of society. I have encountered all of them .
White Raven
White Raven is female  White Raven has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2012, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
That is on the other side of the Pond AJ, here only those on benefits can afford the fuel for cars.
Err Cough Cough.......When I was on Benefits my car was off the road. I most certainly couldn't afford fuel for it.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2012, 11:49 AM

Rich, educated people more likely to lie, cheat

I suspect it is just an attention grabbing headline used to fill space when there is not much in the news. There are liars and cheats whatever their status, just as there are honest people.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top