Join for free
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2012, 08:37 AM

Why store on line?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/16838342

Why does anyone want to store data on the internet which they could lose?

I have lots of files and photo's stored on Photoboucket which makes it easy to post them online to friends etc but I also have them all stored on external HDD's so the I wont lose them. I have over 4TB of storage so all my music and photo's are safely stored away so that if the coomputer crashes I still have everything, and the are private.

It does not cost the earth to buy an external hard drive, even a 1 TB hard drive costs less than £70 and that will store hours of work and photo's. When a phot on average takes up 2 mb then the sums are easy for you to see how many photo's you can store safely.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2012, 09:31 AM

Re: Why store on line?

I agree with you, Bob! I have an external hard drive and I store a lot of my stuff there, including my Photobucket and all my photos and loads of other stuff as well. Saves my pc's hard drives getting clogged up!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2012, 11:20 AM

I wondered about that too AB, we are being offered all sorts of free storage, clouds etc. I'm a bit suspicious of this, but like yourself I have an external 2.TB hard drive to keep my stuff and never put anything important to me or my Family in online storage.
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2012, 03:00 PM

I save all my photos to a disc.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2012, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Jimmy ->
I save all my photos to a disc.
That's what I'm doing.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2012, 04:44 PM

Don't talk to me about external hard drives, I had one stop working, but I still had them on PC, the disc is the best way.
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2012, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
Don't talk to me about external hard drives, I had one stop working, but I still had them on PC, the disc is the best way.
Exactley Wrinkly
Although I have an MP3 that can hold a couple of thousand photos also.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2012, 05:48 PM

Have a mp3 players lots of phtos tunes on and some vidios

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top