Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2012, 07:41 PM

Re: Should older women get pregnant>

As long as its not a requisit!
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2012, 11:51 AM

I can speak from experience here, without going into too much detail. I was brought up from babyhood by a single woman who was already in her 50s when she took me. Once I began school I had problems. I was bullied by other children because I didn't have a father and because my mother looked more like my grandmother. I didn't have the then fashionable childrens clothes because in my "mother's" view they were unsuitable. I never had roller skates or a bike, I never even got to wear pyjamas, little girls wore nighties. Do I think it's good for people of this woman's age to have children.................most definitely not, that child is going to suffer once it reaches school age and begins to realise it can never be quite like other children.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2012, 09:04 PM

Too many babies being born full stop let alone people in their 60s having more. The country is over populated already thanks to all the immigrants.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

25-03-2012, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by The Dog Lover ->
Too many babies being born full stop let alone people in their 60s having more. The country is over populated already thanks to all the immigrants.
Throughout the centuries incomers have populated Britain, Romans, Normans etc and why not?
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2012, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by The Dog Lover ->
Wow that sounds rather bitter. Our land is the best country in the world, I know I've been around and the fact that we have all shapes, shades makes it so. The wonderful music of the Caribbean, the foods of the Indies the list just goes on and on we are richer and more vibrant because of this.

Your views against immigration have nothing to do with ladies of 60 getting pregnant.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2012, 07:02 PM

A lot of so called immigrants are actually people who are legally and historically entitled to be here. They have the right of British citizenship - We have quite a legacy from the days of the British Empire and the colonies when many countries came under the dominion and protectorate of the United Kingdom and the peoples of these countries became British (Crown) subjects. So we need to look back into history before making sweeping statements. Disparaging comments about immigration do harm and are to be deplored.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2012, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
A lot of so called immigrants are actually people who are legally and historically entitled to be here. They have the right of British citizenship - We have quite a legacy from the days of the British Empire and the colonies when many countries came under the dominion and protectorate of the United Kingdom and the peoples of these countries became British (Crown) subjects. So we need to look back into history before making sweeping statements. Disparaging comments about immigration do harm and are to be deplored.

Well said Aerolor that is exactly my opinion.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

25-03-2012, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
I can speak from experience here, without going into too much detail. I was brought up from babyhood by a single woman who was already in her 50s when she took me. Once I began school I had problems. I was bullied by other children because I didn't have a father and because my mother looked more like my grandmother. I didn't have the then fashionable childrens clothes because in my "mother's" view they were unsuitable. I never had roller skates or a bike, I never even got to wear pyjamas, little girls wore nighties. Do I think it's good for people of this woman's age to have children.................most definitely not, that child is going to suffer once it reaches school age and begins to realise it can never be quite like other children.
I know that child. I wasn't allowed to wear trousers young ladies didn't wear trousers (in the 60s)? I wasn't allowed to go to birthday parties (in case I met up with the 'wrong kind' of child) My life was a misery particularly wearing knitted hats and swimming cozzies.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

28-03-2012, 02:56 PM

I totally agree with you.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2012, 03:07 PM

And a lot are here due to a complete lack of an immigration policy by successive governments. This country has far too many immigrants to the extent that parts of it don't feel like England at all any more. They should put a complete block on immigration now and not let any more in. Travel on a bus or a tube in London and it is quite common not to hear English spoken at all. Its wrong and makes my blood boil.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top