Join for free
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2012, 06:28 PM

NHS Reform.

Well it looks as though it is going through, do you think this is good or bad?
I have had a long chat to a GP and asked him whether he is going to be able to do the things that this government want.
His words were: ----

NO!!! and we were never going to anyway, it is a way for the government to get the private sector on board, and when it goes all wrong they will come back and blame doctors for not doing the job properly.
The private sector hasn't the equipment that the NHS has.

I think he maybe be right, I hadn't given it a great deal of thought until I spoke to him. I can see his point, say goodbye to the NHS folks.
His remark about the NHS not having the equipment, I know to be true, because under the last government I had my operation in a private hospital, all nice mod cons, room, furniture, food etc.
But when it came to it and I was fighting for my life, they panicked and transferred me to a NHS hospital pronto, admitting they hadn't the equipment to cope to my wife and family.
So I can really see his point of view, what do you think?
Have you noticed very little of what they intend to do has gone to press, frightening in my opinion.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2012, 07:47 PM

Re: NHS Reform.

Arthur I haven't really read a lot about the changes other than the basics, that the PCTs are to be scrapped and GPs will have control of a large part of the NHS £106bn budget.

I would have thought GPs had enough to do without spend their time sourcing care and allocating budgets.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2012, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Arthur I haven't really read a lot about the changes other than the basics, that the PCTs are to be scrapped and GPs will have control of a large part of the NHS £106bn budget.

I would have thought GPs had enough to do without spend their time sourcing care and allocating budgets.

Meg as I said nothing seems to have gone to press, not even a whisper, it is really strange, and not surprising that you know very little about it.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2012, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
Meg as I said nothing seems to have gone to press, not even a whisper, it is really strange, and not surprising that you know very little about it.
Arthur my friend, the Government have even refused to publish the risk assessment to the NHS despite many requests by members of the Commons and Lords to do so prior to the final vote on the Bill.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.

23-03-2012, 06:52 PM

Frightening UJ, a friend of mine who has been in hospital for a month, is on his 3rd. hospital.
They have moved him from one close to home to one about 15 miles away, it doesn't seem fair to me.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top