Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2012, 07:42 AM

Re: out of sorts!

If everyone wrote to their MP complaining about what they think is wrong with the country I do think they would get the message, Not do anything about it but they would get the message. I have lost track of how many time I have wrote to my MP but I have four boxes full of replies.

The trouble is that people just want everything done for them, Brits are to lazy to do things to help themselves.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2012, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by Terencefw.GC1 ->
my thinking is to start a new political group for the over 50's. very daring but what have we got to lose - absolutly nothing. but to do that you need a few like minded individuals to join you. somthing I have yet to find!
Like minded individuals yes, but you haven't actually said what you believe in or what you want to change, might that be a starting point for your search for these people?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2012, 09:00 AM

my thinking is to start a new political group for the over 50's. very daring but what have we got to lose - absolutly nothing. but to do that you need a few like minded individuals to join you. somthing I have yet to find!
Ahhhh a fellow rebel at heart. Count me in my friend!!!

I'm with you guys!!! I have long advocated not just a change in Political parties in Government but a complete change of the system - Guy Fawkes Mk2!!! - Have even suggested parking a tank on South side of Westminster Bridge at midday on a Wednesday (PM's question time) when house is full and pulling trigger!!!
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2012, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Chippy ->
(takes note that Molls is touchy about her name)
Ha ha I've got into trouble lots of times haven't I Mollie Even now I occasionally slip back... but she's very forgiving
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2012, 12:11 PM

I'm with Mollie on that one - my name's Carole and even friends who've known me years sometimes can't be bothered with the "e". It does irritate the hell out of me when it's there in black and white. I'll have a think about the name of your over 50s rebel rousing group - but don't hold your breath; moaning to your mates is one thing - taking to the streets requires effort, commitment and fire in your belly and it doesn't seem to be in the British psyche, sadly.
derek davies
Buckinghamshire
derek davies is male 

08-04-2012, 12:42 PM

Chippy, There is already an OAP Party...they call it "The House Of Lords"

How about "THE SENIOR PARTY"
Terencefw.GC1
walsall. uk
Terencefw.GC1 is male  Terencefw.GC1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2012, 12:47 PM

OUCH! that hurts! I have severly repremanded myself for getting Molly's name wrong. I appologise. I was too busy trying to get my spelling right and tripped up! Its actually nice to join a forum where the niceties of grammer and spelling are still observed.
Terencefw.GC1
walsall. uk
Terencefw.GC1 is male  Terencefw.GC1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2012, 01:48 PM

Getting to the point in question. Yes! I will have to find like minded people. No! its not important to know what issues the proposed new party would stand for! Yes! it will be necessary for a few of us to get our hands dirty

I will explain further. I know a lot of people will show interest in the concept but will fall away through illness or age related immobility. Any new organization must be broad based and encompss all views and opinions, must stand for every thing and exclude nothing. and yes, any local group of individuals must be prepared to deliver leaflets etc. the important thing here is getting people together locally. A benefit here is the enjoyment of companionship of like minded people. I am 54. and I am happy not to see the completion of what we start, providing we of course enjoy ourselves in the process of doing that which we ought out of conscience do!
Chippy
Yorkshire UK
Chippy is male  Chippy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2012, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by marpaul ->
Ha ha I've got into trouble lots of times haven't I Mollie Even now I occasionally slip back... but she's very forgiving
I'm counting on that lol

Originally Posted by eccles ->
I'm with Mollie on that one - my name's Carole and even friends who've known me years sometimes can't be bothered with the "e". It does irritate the hell out of me when it's there in black and white.
Duly noted Caz

Originally Posted by derek davies ->
Chippy, There is already an OAP Party...they call it "The House Of Lords"

How about "THE SENIOR PARTY"
I'm sure the senior party will have it's moments

Its actually nice to join a forum where the niceties of grammer and spelling are still observed.
Hear hear! (And it's grammar)
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2012, 04:59 PM

Interesting idea.

The only thing is, what makes you think all people over 50 think the same? If you look around the discussions we have had here you will see our members hold a plethora of views - but don't always agree

Some lean to the political left, some to the right and some somewhere in between and many jump from left to right and vice versa depending on the topic in hand

Perhaps it would be better to start a party based on core values instead?

If I was to start one, it would be based on being a decent human being - who wants to join?

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top