Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2019, 09:48 AM

Re: have you enjoyed your life?

Have I enjoyed my life..?

I suppose we don’t get a choice do we? no one is asked to be born, so we have to deal with what life throws at us, I suppose we enjoy the good times and not so much the bad times, having said that I suppose I have mostly enjoyed it so far, meeting my soulmate, having our son, all highlights, I guess life is like a book, we write the chapters and when that chapter is done, we move to the next one, I just hope there are a few more chapters left before the final one...
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2019, 11:21 AM

It's been lonely for me even though I am used to being alone it's hard. I never had family after the age of 16 so I dont have a support system to help in any way . I do have friends but they have their own lifes and are busy.
I feel it deeply knowing my friends have family close by visiting . The feeling of lonely has been in me since a child . I've always kept busy and being kind and helpful if needed but made many wrong turnings .
The last 15 years has been hard but I'm more settled into myself and have acceptance it is what it is .

Sadly the answer is no
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2019, 11:08 AM

Seen a lot of things, travelled the world, have a big family (all local), wouldn't change much.

But miss my wife very much!

Just had two letters.

One saying my Winter Fuel allowance is coming, the other tells me where I'm going when I get re-incarnated.

Apparently, I've been unkind to rats & mice, so I'm to come back as a Rat!

Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2019, 11:41 AM

My life has been a rollercoaster ride. My childhood was excessively abusive which drastically changes the person you are but I strived for happiness my entire life and find it most days, so life is good.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2019, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I think life is what you make it. If you dwell on things then you can’t move forward. It’s best never to look back, it’s happened, it’s gone. There is nothing you can do about it.

If we must look back, wouldn't it be nice if we tried to look back on the good times, the loving, happy memories, rather than the bleak side.

I agree with Art, learn from the past, but move on.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2019, 10:32 PM

I feel life has treated me very well, almost too well, even my divorces have ended well (one cost me a property but 'things' are not a priority in my life).

Looking back I cannot remember bad times, only the good ones - even joyous moments like the day I walked out of school for the very last time, walking out of Sydney Airport and realising I was "home", watching my first child born to name just three.

Even when I was a single parent, working 24 hour shift and bringing up three kids life was hectic but so much fun.

Perhaps there are things I would have liked to have done and won't but what would I have been prepared to give up to have been able to do them?

Life has been great, everything has been interesting.

On the down side I really don't understand, boredom, depression or neurosis as I have never experienced them - I would make an awful counsellor. But there you go.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2019, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I feel life has treated me very well, almost too well, even my divorces have ended well (one cost me a property but 'things' are not a priority in my life).

Looking back I cannot remember bad times, only the good ones - even joyous moments like the day I walked out of school for the very last time, walking out of Sydney Airport and realising I was "home", watching my first child born to name just three.

Even when I was a single parent, working 24 hour shift and bringing up three kids life was hectic but so much fun.

Perhaps there are things I would have liked to have done and won't but what would I have been prepared to give up to have been able to do them?

Life has been great, everything has been interesting.

On the down side I really don't understand, boredom, depression or neurosis as I have never experienced them - I would make an awful counsellor. But there you go.
Very uplifting post.

You are very fortunate to not have suffered depression, especially as you have been through divorce which is usually quite traumatic and a bit like a bereavement. Apparently you have what they call 'resilience' in the psychiatric trade I just read. I would call that a blessing.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2019, 11:06 PM

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2019, 11:07 PM

So Far, that is the crutch.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

15-11-2019, 11:11 PM

Or Crook.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top