Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Nippy
South Devon
Nippy is female  Nippy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2009, 09:40 AM

Happy Sunday Everyone!

As the title says I hope you all have a good day. It's beautiful here, bright sunshine with no wind for a change.
I'm having the family round to lunch today, what are you doing?
Sweep
Kent UK
Sweep is female  Sweep has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2009, 10:18 AM

Re: Happy Sunday Everyone!

Well another boring Sunday here, afraid one day seems like the next at mo! OH came home Wednesday for his week off(he works week on & week off) & got re-called to work Thursday so he isn't home until tomorrow, then away again for the week on Wednesday!

Anyway, I have walked all the dogs & the sun is shining, so not all bad......

Have a lovely day with family 'Nippy'
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2009, 10:35 AM

Hi Nippy, I hope you have a lovely day with your family and the weather stays fine. We have tropical temperatures today which I like (But OH doesn't) and it's about time too since July was a total washout.

What am I doing, well 'cos of my leg there's not much I can do, but OH found some boxes with lots of old files in yesterday so I'm still sorting through those.

Found one with my first pay slip - 4 shillings and 7 pence an hour !!! (That's about 25p in modern money but I was an apprentice and supposed to be learning) Please don't ask what year that was (And no Lloyd George was not prime minister then!!)
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2009, 10:38 AM

hi Nippy and Sweep .
It's sunny here too and we're having a lazy day pottering in the garden, watching the last rites of the cricket () and having the traditional lunch. Worked out earlier in the week that we've not done the 'roast thing' since mid-June - no wonder we're getting withdrawl symptoms
Have a lovely Sunday everyone, no matter what you're doing
angieh
Hampshire, UK
angieh is female  angieh has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2009, 11:52 AM

Beautiful day here. Sad about the cricket. My OH is not a happy bunny - he gets SO worked up about it.

I am amazed at the large number of butterflies around in our garden atm, so I am really enjoying just watching them. Saw my first Tortoiseshell of the year this morning - such a brightly coloured little gem. Kizzy likes to try and catch them, but she hasn't managed to yet. The grasshoppers are about too - OH (who is tall) is usually called upon to rescue insiders from the ceiling. I think I might start a thread about the various species of butterfly that I've seen so far this year.

Have a lovely Sunday everyone.
madmare
Essex UK
madmare is female  madmare has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2009, 12:13 PM

Beautiful very hot day today. My daughter, Charly and I got up early and went off to a boot sale. When we got home I done both the dog walks.
Going to do dinner in a moment and then over to my mums for tea with the family.
Get back from there this evening and start the dog walks again.
Think I'll sleep well tonight
Enjoy your Sunday everyone.
Vicki
Croydon, Surrey
Vicki is female 

09-08-2009, 01:07 PM

Gorgeous day here too. Washing is done, dinner is almost ready and one meal cooked for in the week. I feel rather pleased with myself.

This afternoon will be spent snoozing, no doubt, especially as Baz will be glued to the footie.

Have a great Sunday afternoon all!

Jan
Scotland
Jan is female  Jan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2009, 01:41 PM

Hot here today but cloudy. I think we might get another downpour before the day is over.
We'll meet up with friends for a dog walk this afternoon. If its hot we'll just amble near under the trees beside near the stream. Sometimes we only walk to the picnic tables if its cooler we'll go further.....our usual Sunday afternoon.
Then we'll give the dogs a proper run in the evening.
Nippy
South Devon
Nippy is female  Nippy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2009, 04:14 PM

Sounds like you have all been busy!
I've had an easy time the family did most of the work, it's difficult doing lunch when on crutches!
Originally Posted by Losos ->
Hi Nippy, I hope you have a lovely day with your family and the weather stays fine. We have tropical temperatures today which I like (But OH doesn't) and it's about time too since July was a total washout.

What am I doing, well 'cos of my leg there's not much I can do, but OH found some boxes with lots of old files in yesterday so I'm still sorting through those.

Found one with my first pay slip - 4 shillings and 7 pence an hour !!! (That's about 25p in modern money but I was an apprentice and supposed to be learning) Please don't ask what year that was (And no Lloyd George was not prime minister then!!)
Losos, that must have been your Fathers payslip, you are far too young

Originally Posted by angieh ->
Beautiful day here. Sad about the cricket. My OH is not a happy bunny - he gets SO worked up about it.

I am amazed at the large number of butterflies around in our garden atm, so I am really enjoying just watching them. Saw my first Tortoiseshell of the year this morning - such a brightly coloured little gem. Kizzy likes to try and catch them, but she hasn't managed to yet. The grasshoppers are about too - OH (who is tall) is usually called upon to rescue insiders from the ceiling. I think I might start a thread about the various species of butterfly that I've seen so far this year.

Have a lovely Sunday everyone.
Oh Angie tell me about it! I can't repeat what hubby is saying about the cricket

Originally Posted by Jan ->
Hot here today but cloudy. I think we might get another downpour before the day is over.
We'll meet up with friends for a dog walk this afternoon. If its hot we'll just amble near under the trees beside near the stream. Sometimes we only walk to the picnic tables if its cooler we'll go further.....our usual Sunday afternoon.
Then we'll give the dogs a proper run in the evening.
Have you had much rain then Jan? It has been a proper summers day here 23c in the shade.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2009, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Nippy ->
Losos, that must have been your Fathers payslip, you are far too young

Oh Angie tell me about it! I can't repeat what hubby is saying about the cricket
Oh Nippy, flattery will get you anything It's all in the mind I guess but like you having these dam crutches does bring you down to earth

I do usually like to watch England playing the Aussies, but after yesterday I couldn't bring myself to watch, I have to think of my blood pressure

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top