Join for free
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2009, 03:53 PM

Another Gorgeous Monday

I used to hate Mondays as a rule. They started the work week as if I was getting a tooth pulled. Now I work a compressed workweek and am off every Monday. A whole lot of people are heading to work right now as I sit in my undies typing away cheerfully. Maybe that's a bit too much information this early in the morn.

By having Mondays off I go to the scenic tourist spots and find no crowds, no parking lot filled to capacity. I leisurely make my way to the best spots, take my photos and just as leisurely move on. The same applies to everything, like grocery shopping, car/bike service, dentist or doctor appointments. I hate crowds.

Today the high temperature will be in the mid 70s with lots of sun. It was 54 this morning when I awoke. My balcony screen door was open so that I had to pull the covers over my head. What a great night's sleep!
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2009, 04:02 PM

Re: Another Gorgeous Monday

Have a great day Bob! Sounds like you've made a good start

Your regime sounds a great way to wind down to retirement - don't you think going from working 40 hours per week to simply not working is a bit abrupt?

How many hours behind GMT/BST are you, over there on the west Coast?
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2009, 04:20 PM

Re: Another Gorgeous Monday

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->
Have a great day Bob! Sounds like you've made a good start

Your regime sounds a great way to wind down to retirement - don't you think going from working 40 hours per week to simply not working is a bit abrupt?

How many hours behind GMT/BST are you, over there on the west Coast?
I'm not really sure of the amount of time difference. Somewhere about 6-8 hours judging by the fact that the forums stop responding about 4 in the afternoon here.

I work a compressed workweek at Intel. That means I work 4 12hr days the first week followed by 3 12 hour days the second week. I get the same number of days off immediately following the work days. This result in getting half the calendar year off from work. Imagine getting a 4 day holiday every other week. I love it.

As far as retirement I will never get bored. I have three great hobbies that can easily occupy me time. I need more time off to enjoy my apartment complex's grounds. It's like a huge city park really, with three ponds and tons of walking paths, bridges and fowl everywhere. They're so take they eat crackers right out of my hand. All you need do is sit on the bench and 50 ducks come scurrying out of the pond running to your feet. As a photographer it's grand subject matter.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top