Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2014, 02:50 PM

Re: Car Insurance!

Originally Posted by Jimmy ->
The protected no claims is a big con, you are paying extra to get a discount, so you are not really getting a discount.
I know Jimmy - really p****s me off when I see them asking for money to "protect" a well-earned discount!

I've always had an excess so I really do think this is just another means of screwing us for even more money. stevmk2
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2014, 02:32 PM

Love it after another years ''no claim bonus'' my insurance increases????
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2014, 03:18 PM

Armed with three online quotes I went to the Insurance broker I used to use for all our insurance and said "If you want my business back, get me something that equals or beats the best of these!"

They did.

I'm going over to them on the 16th because I've got Fully Comperhensive as usual but with £200 excess, just £60 Windscreen excess and my No Claims is safe, all for £163 for the year.

That beats Aviva's outrageous quote by £111 and the best online one by £10, except the excess with them was £350!

Quite happy! stevmk2
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2014, 03:38 PM

I've gone back to Direct Line, they got expensive butthey were cheaper than all the comparison sites last year (and they're not on them) mines due soon too waiting to see what quote I get.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2014, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
Armed with three online quotes I went to the Insurance broker I used to use for all our insurance and said "If you want my business back, get me something that equals or beats the best of these!"

They did.

I'm going over to them on the 16th because I've got Fully Comperhensive as usual but with £200 excess, just £60 Windscreen excess and my No Claims is safe, all for £163 for the year.

That beats Aviva's outrageous quote by £111 and the best online one by £10, except the excess with them was £350!

Quite happy! stevmk2
do you know which company they use? I assume even brokers check them all out but I may be wrong, never used one before
toyboyroy
South Wales
toyboyroy is male  toyboyroy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2014, 09:18 PM

I always go on comparison sites, does the job for me, always beating my renewal notice.

When you receive your renewal notice, they always say, that the price quoted is the best price available.

When you call them to say you have signed up with another company they turnaround and say " we could have probably beaten that"

My reply is as always, "then you did not give me the best quote as you stated, therefore you are deceiving your customers" `BYE`

Roy
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2014, 09:21 PM

What's annoying is that the same company & quote specs is differently priced on different comparison sites, and different again when you contact them.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes

02-07-2014, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
do you know which company they use? I assume even brokers check them all out but I may be wrong, never used one before
Never really thought of it before Honey so I'm now a bit worried because I will be with Ageas Insurance Limited and checking them out on the internet I found bad reviews.

To be honest though, apart from Aviva last year, I've never really bothered looking at who my car insurance is actually with as all I wanted was cheap as possible so I'm leaving it as it is now. stevmk2
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2014, 10:32 AM

I hate talking to insurance companies when it is time to renew, we go on the compare sites to check things out but as soon as you click on any of them you are inundated with emails. aah.

We tried to renew online but something went wrong and we had to ring the company up. After about two seconds I was annoyed with the person on the phone and passed him onto my husband, who is a lot calmer than me, but even he was getting annoyed.

hate hate hate it when it is time to renew.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2014, 10:14 PM

Stayed with Saga again as I wanted to buy their shares , which I did not in the end. Yes as normal they hiked the price then brought it down when I phoned them.
Had about 10 quotes for my sports car under £150 and much the same for my saloon.
Axia were £280 for both combined , PNCB etc which I thought dam cheap. Then car insurance cost over the last year, believe it or not, has gone down overall by 18%

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top