Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2015, 02:50 PM

Aviva life insurance company ( load of idiots)

Just had an almighty row with Aviva life insurance who without informing us had taken over another company Yorkshire general life. Yorkshire was then taken over by another company who had our kennel addy then Aviva took them over

A letter was sent to the kennel who sent to us.

Never dealt with such a load of morons and idiots in my life

All we wanted to do was a change of address. Simple? yes to them no no no.

Had to go through a security check such as name date of birth etc etc. The silly tart on the other end of the phone would not accept it . seems our policy number differed from the one they had because they cocked up big time.

They claimed first of all to have notified us but when challanged they admitted they didn't notify those paying by DD.
Next wanted to know Sue's same details which I gave then this stupid over paid " scrubber" said I could not discuss it with my wife as I was the policy holder ,even though she had just talked to her.

By this time I was getting really mad, who is this person to say I can't talk to my wife? F++cking idiot. She even said she could not think of any more security questions to ask

So I insisted to be put through to the company CEO, I get so fed up with these juniors who do not know anything.

Got onto a supervisor, this was after about an hour on the phone, At least she had sense and eventually got it all sorted when we said we would withdraw a police taken out in 1974. She said do we want to raise an official complaint, Sue said if we didn't receive written confirmation about the change then yes we would

I said get hold of the yorkshire company and talk to them I even gave which branch, or dig out the original agreement which we have and so must they.

These companies just take over others without any thought about informing all their new clients, no wonder this country is in such a mess
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2015, 04:20 PM

Re: Aviva life insurance company ( load of idiots)

I've recently had the opposite experience with Argos. I ordered a wristwatch online and paid for delivery. Two days past the scheduled delivery date it hadn't arrived so I rang them up to enquire about it. Ultimately I arranged to fetch the watch from our local Argos shop. On collecting it I found out that the price had been lowered by £10. I sent an email to Argos pointing out the new price and they sent me a cheque for the £10 and also reimbursed the delivery charge. Good service IMO.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2015, 06:53 PM

The bigger they are the worse they get!

We took out an Insurance Policy to cover MIL for Funeral costs and paid it regularly for ten years.

During that time we tried THREE times to get the annual statements sent to us to keep a check on it because MIL kept chucking the things in the bin!

We pointed out that the premiums had actually come from us, not MIL but No, they wouldn't have it.

They wanted a letter from her stating that she was happy with us to handle her affairs with them.

We got that sorted, got her to sign it and posted it off to them.

They wouldn't accept it, despite the fact that they verified her signature because the letter was posted in Milton Keynes, NOT from where she lived!

We got MIL to actually telephone them while we were there in London with her but they wanted proof in the form of a Birth Certificate.

We sent a copy to them - No, they had to have the actual Birth Certificate so we sent that.

They then lost it so we had to get a copy made, sent to us then we had to take it back down to London, write MIL a letter and get her to sign it then post the effin' thing in London back to them.

They then demanded the original.............

Finally they accepted it all.

Three months ago we asked where the Statement for this year was - guess what?!!! stevmk2
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2015, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
These companies just take over others without any thought about informing all their new clients, no wonder this country is in such a mess
Yep, had this as well. Had a Goldfish credit card for decades and when we moved abroad in 2003 they continued to send out statements and new cards when required.

Then they were taken over by some American bank and suddenly I found new cards were not arriving, started a corresspondance but got nowhere, then this American Bank were taken over by Barclaycard, right, I thought I might get somewhere but the muppets at Barclaycard could only look at the American bank records, not the Goldfish records (Which had probably all been put through the shredder )

Too long a story after that, suffice to say I got my card in the end and it was definately NOT a Barclaycard
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2015, 06:23 PM

The thing that really bothers me the most about this increasing level of incompetence in business is that people from the same generations are going to be the ones in charge of the country before very much longer.

I see signs typed out by Management at work and now in MIL's sheltered housing block that make me cringe, such as

"Please do not block theses doors open. Theyre are Fire Doors and must not be wedged open.
This is a Health & Saftey issue and it is antisocail behavour
"

Doesn't exactly inspire me, but then, at work , a senior manager putting up a sign that included the sentence "they must always be in tacked" doesn't do much for me either. stevmk2
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2015, 07:26 PM

For heavens sake were you and the rest of our generation so damn perfect that you can damn a whole generation on our behalf?.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes

12-02-2015, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Victors Mate ->
For heavens sake were you and the rest of our generation so damn perfect that you can damn a whole generation on our behalf?.
I never said ANYTHING about being perfect but you read what you want to read VM - it's my observation and I believe that I am entitled to that. stevmk2
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2015, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
I never said ANYTHING about being perfect but you read what you want to read VM - it's my observation and I believe that I am entitled to that. stevmk2

I'm with you Steve! Those notices are dreadful! I'm often tempted to erase or strike through rogue apostrophes/wrong words. If it's a sign, or a notice, I want it to be perfect.

Pedantic? So what?
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2015, 08:52 PM

At least the share price is going up a bit.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top