Join for free
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2019, 11:45 PM

Why Does My Internet Go Off At 21.45, Every Night?

It has been doing this for weeks. Every night, at the same time. I just reboot it and it’s ok again.
It’s all very weird. I’m with Talk Talk.

Does this happen to anyone else?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2019, 11:47 PM

Re: Why Does My Internet Go Off At 21.45, Every Night?

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
It has been doing this for weeks. Every night, at the same time. I just reboot it and it’s ok again.

I'm also with Talk Talk and no, it doesn't happen to me (at least I am not aware of it).
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2019, 12:10 AM

That sounds unusually regular, Angel.

Have you asked TalkTalk?

Not that you should be accusatory, but just ask if they have any idea what's happening.

It may well be related to some domestic appliance that's turning off/on at a regular time. A short spike in the mains power might be tripping your modem/router.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2019, 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
That sounds unusually regular, Angel.

Have you asked TalkTalk?

Not that you should be accusatory, but just ask if they have any idea what's happening.

It may well be related to some domestic appliance that's turning off/on at a regular time. A short spike in the mains power might be tripping your modem/router.
JBR, The router doesn’t switch off, the green lights on the router are erratic. The ‘internet’ light disappears, it doesn’t go red!

Could someone else be able to intercept it? I do know, it’s at the end at the telephone exchange...if you know what l mean?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2019, 12:26 AM

Having had a look at the internet (but not found a solution yet), it seems a good question to ask is "Is it the internet or is it just your wifi?"

Does your TV, connected to your "box" not an aerial, stay connected while your tablet disconnects? That would indicate a wifi problem.

The solution to that might be to force a wifi channel change.

If all your devices disconnect from the internet then it must be a router/broadband/ISP issue and you should contact TalkTalk - the problem does seem to happen to their customers and this is their advice:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/...n/ta-p/2205305

but if that's too technical or tiresome then call them.

Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

24-07-2019, 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Having had a look at the internet (but not found a solution yet), it seems a good question to ask is "Is it the internet or is it just your wifi?"

Does your TV, connected to your "box" not an aerial, stay connected while your tablet disconnects?
Omah, The internet just went off again for about 10 minutes, so l couldn’t edit my last post to JBR, or reply to you!

The SkyQ box seems to work ok but the internet going off at 21.45 each evening, did affect Netflix, whilst my daughter was watching something on it. Also, my iPad.

I think l need to ring TalkTalk which l hate doing as you’re kept on the line for ages as they do their tests or discuss it with a colleague!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

24-07-2019, 01:04 AM

Omah, Thank You for the link.
It doesn’t state anything as to why the internet goes off at the same time every evening. I googled it recently and it does happen to other people.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2019, 01:07 AM

Why don't you get a private I.T. person to come and have a look at your system. They are most likely to give you an honest appraisal of what's wrong. Students are often the best and most keen to get to the bottom of the problem I find. You pay up front and get what you pay fir usually. IMO at least. Worth a try?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2019, 01:13 AM

Omah, The internet just went off again for about 10 minutes, so l couldn’t edit my last post to JBR, or reply to you!

The SkyQ box seems to work ok but it did affect Netflix, whilst my daughter was watching something on it. Also, my iPad.

I think l need to ring TalkTalk which l hate doing as you’re kept on the line for ages as they do their tests or discuss it with a colleague!
Frankly, it's totally unacceptable service from the less than reputable TalkTalk and you should politely request that they send you a new router as a first "solution" .....
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

24-07-2019, 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Why don't you get a private I.T. person to come and have a look at your system. They are most likely to give you an honest appraisal of what's wrong. Students are often the best and most keen to get to the bottom of the problem I find. You pay up front and get what you pay fir usually. IMO at least. Worth a try?
Thank You, keezoy. I will ring TalkTalk first and see what they say. It might be the router that needs replacing, it gets really hot!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top