Join for free
Page 10 of 10 « First < 8 9 10
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2019, 05:18 PM

Re: Why Does My Internet Go Off At 21.45, Every Night?

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Ah, but that's Vista! The most rubbish and most detested version of Windows ever!

Yes, I once had Vista too. I couldn't wait to get rid of it.
Personally, I found Windows 7 the best and easiest to use, though Windows 10 isn't too bad either... now that they've stopped trying to take over our computers with compulsory updates.
I don't doubt that as I have heard all about the problems myself. The laptop with Vista installed was so cheap that initially it was a better buy than the cost of installing Windows on the iMac which I was using for my business of graphic design. Receiving many different file types from companies and members of the public always proved a real nightmare so I just used it for opening those files. Those were then used / converted to recognised and accepted file types for use in printing and publishing. People would send me Word files when I had asked for printing industry standard files such as .rtf files (Rich Text Format) for text and Publisher files which they had used to create their own advertisements, these should have been supplied as .pdf files (Portable Document Format) but my requests for those were invariably ignored.

In those days graphic design and printing was mostly done on Macs, I have known nothing else really so have never gone in for Windows. When I read of the problems being experienced with updates I am just pleased I keep to Macs and have done since the 1980s.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2019, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Omah, said, upthread that the router has to settle in and l think it must be, as the green lights haven’t been darting about as much.
It's entirely normal for lights to flicker at all times.

Out of interest what Talk Talk package are you on? Is it at all possible that your daughter is whizzing through data usage on Netflix and similar streaming products?

Do you have the Mega Boost Package or a lesser package iwth 40GB usage?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2019, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
I'm with Zen - my router lights rarely flicker .....
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2019, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->

Out of interest what Talk Talk package are you on? Is it at all possible that your daughter is whizzing through data usage on Netflix and similar streaming products?

Do you have the Mega Boost Package or a lesser package iwth 40GB usage?
Maybe, but not to go out and come back on again.

I don’t know what package it is? It is for broadband only and it costs £25 a month.

My daughter watched a series on Netflix for about one week, an hour each night. It would go off at 9.45, three quarters way through. That was it.

No l don’t think l have a Mega Boost package as my ex partner pays for it and we aren’t in contact.
This new router gives 4g. The previous one gave less.
I also know that this area is at the end at the telephone exchange.
cuphalffull
North East UK
cuphalffull is female  cuphalffull has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2019, 10:18 PM

I am with TalkTalk and it doesn't happen with mine. Perhaps as another poster suggested, you need a new router.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2019, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by cuphalffull ->
I am with TalkTalk and it doesn't happen with mine. Perhaps as another poster suggested, you need a new router.
Hello cuphalffull please see my post here,

https://www.over50sforum.com/showthr...35#post1754835

thank you
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2019, 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
It has been doing this for weeks. Every night, at the same time. I just reboot it and it’s ok again.
It’s all very weird. I’m with Talk Talk.

Does this happen to anyone else?
Maybe you've set the controls on it Art so that you have to talk to me when I'm at work
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2019, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Maybe you've set the controls on it Art so that you have to talk to me when I'm at work
More like, give you earache! Ha!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

02-08-2019, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by cuphalffull ->
Cuppy, They brought me a new router this week. I think it’s ok..

Welcome to the forum.

Page 10 of 10 « First < 8 9 10

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top