Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2019, 01:17 PM

Strictly Come Dancing - again

Here we go again.

Anyone see the start of this last night?

There were only about 2 or 3 people I'd ever heard of.
Certainly not what I'd call 'Celebrities.'
pathfinder
scotland
pathfinder is male  pathfinder has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2019, 01:50 PM

Re: Strictly Come Dancing - again

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Here we go again.

Anyone see the start of this last night?

There were only about 2 or 3 people I'd ever heard of.
Certainly not what I'd call 'Celebrities.'
If I had a choice NO but my little ray of sunshine loves it so what can you do? Get the laptop out and watch a movie
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2019, 03:31 PM

Apart from missing a few episodes here and there, I have watched every series of SCD from the start. Despite the standard dropping every year, it was still the only thing worth watching on a Saturday night.

I watched the opening show this year but will not be watching any more. I knew the day would come when I stopped watching but thought it would be next year when Craig's plans to introduce same sex gays comes into practice; but this year we already have a drag queen - a taster for the sex obsessed dancing chaos to follow I suppose. i couldn't care less what people get up to but i don't want to watch it in a mainstream programme.

SCD is a dance programme, not gays or cross-dressers or drag queens. There are special channels for that.

Goodbye strictly.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2019, 04:45 PM

Oh dear it is awful all that screeching and flashing and ego . Not my priority. Loved it in the very early days but no longer. So drawn out it's like watching paint dry
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2019, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by pathfinder ->
If I had a choice NO but my little ray of sunshine loves it so what can you do? Get the laptop out and watch a movie
I'm just like you. Her indoors sits through all the crap chit chat, two bit celebs, and worst of all, that hollering, clap happy, hysterical, so called audience. I got a dvd that I forgotten I had recorded, Pan's Labyrinth, back in 2007! Watched it on the computer, but the movie was as weird, as the events taking place next door on the Beeb!!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2019, 05:49 PM

I am with Longdogs that I wouldn't have watched next years with same sex partners, it just doesn't appeal to me.

As for this year I watched the opening show but switched off when I found out that I only know two of the contestants. I like Catherine and Anneka but I won't bother tuning into a hour long show just to see those two.

It's just not the same anymore. They have ruined any future shows in my opinion. I used to love Strictly.

RIP SCD
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2019, 05:53 PM

I only recognised James Cracknell and Annika Rice and mabe the football girl whatever her name is.
They are dredging the barrel for the rest.
Its a shame they lionise these young people who appear to do nothing but get others to follow them on the net.
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2019, 05:58 PM

how borring can a prog get -- and I love music and dance -ego's big as the titanic' the panel need changing especially the hip hugger on the end 'old 80s backing dancer - just one screaming noise - so no -had to turn over after ten mins ..
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2019, 12:15 AM

I must admit the 'joy' the couples express when they are first paired up makes me smile.
No matter who they get paired with, they rush up and swirl them round and gush all over them and always say they are soooooooooo pleased.

I always wonder if they secretly think . . . . "Oh Gawd, not HIM/HER."
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2019, 05:41 AM

Mups, according to an article in yesterday's press, you could be right .....

Kevin thinks Anneka is great on a personal level but believes people at the top are putting the boot in for the fallout from his relationship with Stacey. But although Anneka is willing, her age and agility means he won’t be able to throw her around like he did previous partners".

Was pleased for Anton though!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top