Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2019, 03:05 AM

Social Services Child Abuse.

Hi

I am not a happy womble.

One of the littlies, a girl, is fearless.

She gets into all sorts of bumps and scrapes.

She has been in Casualty a few times this year, twice from incidents at School, one was football, the other doing handstands in the playground.

She has injured herself twice at organised gymnastics.

Mum has had a visit from Social Services, concerns about her welfare.

Everything documented, nothing at home at all.

Mum and Dad are very upset by this and these are the same Social Services who turned a blind eye to underage girls being abused by the Muslim Grooming Gangs.

They are a bunch of Prats,.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2019, 06:37 AM

Re: Social Services Child Abuse.

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I am not a happy womble.

One of the littlies, a girl, is fearless.

She gets into all sorts of bumps and scrapes.

She has been in Casualty a few times this year, twice from incidents at School, one was football, the other doing handstands in the playground.

She has injured herself twice at organised gymnastics.

Mum has had a visit from Social Services, concerns about her welfare.

Everything documented, nothing at home at all.

Mum and Dad are very upset by this and these are the same Social Services who turned a blind eye to underage girls being abused by the Muslim Grooming Gangs.

They are a bunch of Prats,.
No, they are not - they are doing their job. You would be the first to complain if there was something wrong at home and no-one had checked.

A & E departments are obliged to report repeated visits of children and Social Services are supposed to go and check that all is well at home.

Talk about 'damned if they do and damned if they don't' .
Surely it is better to have a unneeded visit than a dead child?
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2019, 07:49 AM

A very difficult situation for all those involved who do care. Children will be children, they get knocks as they are into everything, most people know that, it's how they learn. In today's society though it's better not to take chances. After all it's with the child's best interests at heart that the injuries were noticed and reported. This is one good outcome as nothing was found to be wrong. We do not know how many other's have a less than good outcome, some may be ongoing. What happened with those other events had nothing to do with this one, hopefully with whatever went wrong there and the lack of positive results, procedures will have been changed.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2019, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
No, they are not - they are doing their job. You would be the first to complain if there was something wrong at home and no-one had checked.

A & E departments are obliged to report repeated visits of children and Social Services are supposed to go and check that all is well at home.

Talk about 'damned if they do and damned if they don't' .
Surely it is better to have a unneeded visit than a dead child?
Bang on the button.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2019, 09:33 AM

We all have long memories up here in the very north and what the Social Workers did to those familys a few miles away on Orkney has not been forgotten. The damage they did was horrendous and totally wrong.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2019, 10:46 AM

They have to report and look into these cases. One of Gracies friends was subject to repeated breaks and the SS were involved and it was only their involvement made the doctors look into the case more closely and discover she had a brittle bone disease. If they had missed that she could have died very young but they have been able to give her medication to help her bones get stronger.

I am not a fan of SS they can be unhelpful but I don't think they do these things lightly or without reason.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2019, 11:00 AM

Hi

I am well aware that the NHS has to report these incidents, I do not have a problem with that.

I am also well aware that Social Services have to assess them.

This does not automatically involve a home visit, any risk assessment would have shown none of these incidents happened at home.

The Social Services Department have been criticised for lack of action on grooming and other child abuse incidents and have claimed it is a lack of resources.

They are not doing things correctly and will be getting a formal complaint.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2019, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I am well aware that the NHS has to report these incidents, I do not have a problem with that.

I am also well aware that Social Services have to assess them.

This does not automatically involve a home visit,
It should do - how else can they do a thorough assessment?

They are not doing things correctly and will be getting a formal complaint.
They are being perfectly correct - and any complaint, formal or otherwise, would be inappropriate and unfair, Swimmy, especially from a non-family member.

Think how you would feel if SS took no action and something terrible happened.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

26-09-2019, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
It should do - how else can they do a thorough assessment?

They are being perfectly correct - and any complaint, formal or otherwise, would be inappropriate and unfair, Swimmy, especially from a non-family member.

Think how you would feel if SS took no action and something terrible happened.

Hi

I disagree.

I am making the Complaint on behalf of the family, they asked me to and I have written permission to act on their behalf.

I am also presenting evidence to an Inquiry into the same Social Services Department for taking no action into verifiable child abuse.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2019, 11:43 AM

They get castigated often enough for not checking Swimmy, so let's just hope that common sense prevails in this case now that they know the facts...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top