Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2019, 11:40 AM

Deluded Jo Swinson!

Please do take the time to look at the clip below. I was absolutely creased up when it came to clips of the Andrew Marr show interviewing Jo Swinson. It is hilarious.
All I can say is.....Roll on the General Election

swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2019, 12:25 PM

Re: Deluded Jo Swinson!

Hi

The Lib Dems are hoping they can pick up votes in the Remain Marginals.

The SNP are hoping to wipe out the Tories now Ruth Davidson is gone..
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2019, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Please do take the time to look at the clip below. I was absolutely creased up when it came to clips of the Andrew Marr show interviewing Jo Swinson. It is hilarious.
All I can say is.....Roll on the General Election

I dont know if you noticed SG, But the Swinson woman seems to
have fallen back on her regional accent? I wonder why?
So it looks like we are going to be stuck with the amended May
deal and the tory party in the end as paliament as a whole are
terrified of giving Nigel room to cause a problem, and so far Boris
seems to have got all the sheep cornered ready to run in his
desired direction, not exactly what l want, but at least a start imo?
He now needs to be clear to eu what MUST happen in the trade
negotiations still to come, possibly by tying the so called divorce
payments to our fisheries somehow, l have been pleasantly
surprised by his performancen so far so it is within hs capabilities
to do so imo! He certainly saved the tories from the scrap heap??
But dont forget 80% of tories are still remainers at heart, so dont
give up on Nigel yet !!!

Regards Donkeyman!
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2019, 01:16 PM

A GE will be held, but who knows what preparations are in progress to get the result the politicians want?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2019, 01:20 PM

Hi

As usual we will be bribed with ort own money and promises will not be kept.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2019, 03:35 PM

When were they ever Swimmy? If anything good is to come out of this at all, it is that since the referendum, millions of people who never took any interest in politics and trusted their elected representative to act on their behalf, now know what a load of lying, duplicitous, self-serving, greedy imposters they are.

Boris is now saying that ''he is minded'' to agree to the triple-lock on a no-deal that the LibDems and SNP are demanding as the price to agree to a GE.

If that is so, it proves he is a Remainer at heart, no different to Theresa May. I will have lost the last of my faith in him abd there will be two votes in this household for Nigel and the Brexit Party. We've had enough of Boris's BS if he agrees to this.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2019, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
When were they ever Swimmy? If anything good is to come out of this at all, it is that since the referendum, millions of people who never took any interest in politics and trusted their elected representative to act on their behalf, now know what a load of lying, duplicitous, self-serving, greedy imposters they are.

Boris is now saying that ''he is minded'' to agree to the triple-lock on a no-deal that the LibDems and SNP are demanding as the price to agree to a GE.

If that is so, it proves he is a Remainer at heart, no different to Theresa May. I will have lost the last of my faith in him abd there will be two votes in this household for Nigel and the Brexit Party. We've had enough of Boris's BS if he agrees to this.
I think so SG, He got my hopes up for an earlier end to this BS?
But it seems its not to be, his main purpose was to rescue the
tory party, which he seems to have done, and now he thinks he can
complete the U turn, Once he signs the WA we must back Nigel
to the hilt in the election which must follow??
There is ONLY one party that can be trusted to do the job, l hope
they are well prepared?
Donkeyman!
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2019, 07:47 PM

People need to remember, Boris Johnson has always and will always be a remainer at heart. The interviews he gave during campaigning of the referendum showed he is a strong supporter of the EU BUT as he said in the interviews it was two things that swayed him to be on the leave side and that is the UK taking back control of it's borders and the UK taking back it's control of it's law, on these two items he said he feels very strongly about and that the EU has meddled far to much in both.

Boris has never admitted to be a staunch Leave supporter, even in interviews still, he says he is an admirer of many things the EU has to offer but he cannot and will not stand for UK sovereignty being controlled by Brussels (EU) anymore.

Ms May was different, she was 100% remainer all the way and it was always going to be a difficult task for her to do something she knows every inch of her body is telling her NO. It was only a question of time when she failed.

As for a GE, it will be a case of UKIP version two point oh (2.0) but instead of UKIP it will be the Brexit party. When Nigel Farage got on his pedestal and shouted 'I will get us out of the EU', look what happened, UKIP surged in the votes. The same will happen again but this time with the Brexit party.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

28-10-2019, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
People need to remember, Boris Johnson has always and will always be a remainer at heart. The interviews he gave during campaigning of the referendum showed he is a strong supporter of the EU BUT as he said in the interviews it was two things that swayed him to be on the leave side and that is the UK taking back control of it's borders and the UK taking back it's control of it's law, on these two items he said he feels very strongly about and that the EU has meddled far to much in both.

Boris has never admitted to be a staunch Leave supporter, even in interviews still, he says he is an admirer of many things the EU has to offer but he cannot and will not stand for UK sovereignty being controlled by Brussels (EU) anymore.

Ms May was different, she was 100% remainer all the way and it was always going to be a difficult task for her to do something she knows every inch of her body is telling her NO. It was only a question of time when she failed.

As for a GE, it will be a case of UKIP version two point oh (2.0) but instead of UKIP it will be the Brexit party. When Nigel Farage got on his pedestal and shouted 'I will get us out of the EU', look what happened, UKIP surged in the votes. The same will happen again but this time with the Brexit party.
So will Nigel duck out again this time Dodge?

Regards Donkeyman!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2019, 08:02 PM

Bottom line is simple.

You have to look at the past election results of the constituency in which you live (easily Googled) and determine whether it's historically been a close tie between Tories and Labour. Brexit party is the clear priority for a Leaver's vote but if the constituency is usually close between Tory and Labour then voting Tory would be the more tactical approach.

In the end Tories and BrExit party combined will win the election one way or another. Remainers will equally be voting tactically. There will be lots of misinformation to try and dupe people into voting the wrong way. Stand firm and vote BrExit or Tories in that order depending on constituency.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top