Join for free
Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2019, 12:54 AM

Re: Who Needs A Man When You Can Do Jobs Like This?

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
This reminds me of the day I changed a flat tyre for a spare, in a howling gale, on a hill, in the dark, during rush hour on a busy A road.
I used my feet to turn the big spannery thing so that I was sure the nuts had been tightened to the absolute limit.

My bedraggled appearance meant I had to recount the heroic tale for my parents (I was picking the children up on my way from work). They were gushing in their praise and admiration

And then as I and the kids piled in to the car for our brief journey home my dad added a
"Rhian, just ask Mark (ex) to double check the nuts for you when you get back...
Just in case" !!!

Poor you, Rhian but you did really well to change the tyre. I have never ever changed a tyre.
I had a flat tyre, years ago and two heroes stopped and changed it for me!

The second time it happened was right near a garage... that was very lucky!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2019, 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Art,

My first ship was a steamer.(Franconia)

You must have a very big garage?

Yes Ted, it’s just big enough to store my steamer..PS Waverley, in there.
The funnels were a bit of a tight fit though!!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2019, 03:24 AM

[QUOTE=Rhian;1814117]This reminds me of the day I changed a flat tyre for a spare, in a howling gale, on a hill, in the dark, during rush hour on a busy A road.
I used my feet to turn the big spannery thing so that I was sure the nuts had been tightened to the absolute limit.

My bedraggled appearance meant I had to recount the heroic tale for my parents (I was picking the children up on my way from work). They were gushing in their praise and admiration

And then as I and the kids piled in to the car for our brief journey home my dad added a
"Rhian, just ask Mark (ex) to double check the nuts for you when you get back...
Just in case" !!!

Awesome! I've had likewise scary but successful tire changes in horrible locations. Once was when the kids were in their toddler seats and the spare was stowed beneath them! I love my dad for making me learn how to change one before I left for university, but I also regret it because I have no excuses!

Smart to stand on the lug wrench spannery thing; another tip is to sit on the ground and put the tire on your feet, and then raise your feet in a V to lever the tire into position - which is the hardest part of the whole thing.

The women on this forum are some kind of self-reliant! Bravo!
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2019, 10:44 PM

How many women does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

How many teenage girls does it take to change a light bulb? fifteen, One to actually change it and fourteen to post about it on facebook, twitter, instagram, etc.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2019, 06:35 AM

So funny Art.....a good job though...well done

PS....I broke two steamers...gave up on them and I'm back to my trusty mop.

Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top