Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2009, 02:02 PM

Saturday daily chat

What a lovely day - maybe summer has returned after all. I've had a busy morning, scooting round getting nice things to eat etc and then having another session on my jungle-come-allotment. Actually it's not that bad and, of course, it's the time of maximum productivity, so I come back with armfuls of veg .... and the neighbours run and hide!

It was 40 years ago today that the famous Abbey Road Beatles album cover pic was taken - one of only six shots, apparently. Do you remember the silly stories? Paul McCartney is dead, because he has no shoes on, and the car registration is IF 28 and Paul would have been 28 if he had lived etc etc
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2009, 02:13 PM

Re: Saturday daily chat

Good afternoon all, although its morning here, Thats me over the pond for 3 weeks, had quite a good flights, and arrived at 6.30 lastnight...Very hot here..Nothing planned today apart from getting rid of thr jeglag...
Hope you all have a good day and the weather is nice...........
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2009, 02:24 PM

Hi Moli - hope you'll feel 'grounded' soon. East to West isn't so bad, I find - the jetlag kicks in after West to East journeys
angieh
Hampshire, UK
angieh is female  angieh has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2009, 02:49 PM

Hello DM, Moli! Lovely day here today. It did cloud over mid morning and I wondered whether it might rain, but it's lovely now. Bedding blowing about on the line will dry beautifully without the aid of the tumbledryer, hopefully.

Can't believe it's 40 years ago - Abbey Road. Where does the time go? I never believed Paul was dead, he couldn't have been. I loved him. Now was it a good thing that he didn't marry Jane Asher - would he have got fat on all those cakes????

ets: My best friend Bev cried the day George married Patty Boyd.
angieh
Hampshire, UK
angieh is female  angieh has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2009, 03:10 PM

I am the only one awake here atm! OH is asleep in front of the golf on TV; MIL is asleep under the parasol in the garden and Kizzy is asleep on our bed!

HOME ALONE!!!
dinahsmum
SW England

08-08-2009, 03:14 PM

lol
We're half and half (difficult with 5!) but basically the humans are awake and the animals are snoozing. Somebody nearby is mowing their lawn - feels like they've been at it for ages - grrrr
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2009, 04:17 PM

I found it funny getting up this morning, no dogs rushing to greet me, no cats askinbg for their breakfasts.....I could never live without animals permantely.....
Although there is little Annie, a Collie who lives down the stairs, if its not too hot will take her for walks next week
Moli
Aberdeenshire

08-08-2009, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->
lol
We're half and half (difficult with 5!) but basically the humans are awake and the animals are snoozing. Somebody nearby is mowing their lawn - feels like they've been at it for ages - grrrr
I always think of Sunday morning like Noddyland, everyone is out grass cutting and washing cars
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2009, 04:35 PM

I was more into the Stones TBH. But this album had some good stuff on it.
I was hitching round Europe in 69 - having been working in the South of France through the 68 upheavals.
Happy days.
Lou
UK
Lou is female  Lou has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2009, 04:45 PM

Afternoon all Hope you're all OK?

I came on here last night to post and fell asleep holding the mouse LOL It was only when I kept clicking the right button that I decided I should go to bed

I'm still in pain with toothache, went to the dentist yesterday, she had to dig out a piece of excess filling that had fallen below my gum line when I had a filling a few months ago, it had embedded it's self and everytime it touched the nerve I jumped through the ceiling....Or that's how it felt! I'm now on antibiotics for 4 days. I do feel better today though

Hope you all have a fab Sauturday evening x

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top