Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
Reality1
Scotland
Reality1 is male  Reality1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 12:13 PM

Is this a coincidence with Brexit?

https://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-the-papers-55390290

You have to wonder
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 12:16 PM

Re: Is this a coincidence with Brexit?

Originally Posted by Reality1 ->
https://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-the-papers-55390290

You have to wonder
Hi

I do think so, it is just being sensible.

The new variant is much quicker to spread and has a much higher viral load.

Nobody wants it.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 12:21 PM

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...-travel-update

FRANCE will aim to establish Europe-wide sanitary protocol measures "in the coming hours" to allow the resumption of traffic flows with the United Kingdom, transport minister Jean-Baptiste Djebbari has said.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 01:25 PM

The virus was already out of control in Europe so I can't see what difference all this drama will make. I guess it's convenient having much of the country in Tier 4 on the eve of Brexit. Plus they won't have so much chaos with travellers coming and going from/to Europe.

I'm usually in favour of keeping everyone safe but this to me is a complete overreaction.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
The virus was already out of control in Europe so I can't see what difference all this drama will make. I guess it's convenient having much of the country in Tier 4 on the eve of Brexit. Plus they won't have so much chaos with travellers coming and going from/to Europe.

I'm usually in favour of keeping everyone safe but this to me is a complete overreaction.
Hi

It is not just the EU who have banned travel. many others have as well.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

It is not just the EU who have banned travel. many others have as well.
Yes the panic is exploding. The EU already have cases of the variant. Friends managed to fly to the canaries yesterday so we were letting people leave. (they had been tested before flying by the way) you need a negative PCR test result to travel.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 02:35 PM

Have a read of this and then say it's coincidence.

Oh and please; rather than attacks upon where this has been posted would you at least look at the reasoning and see what of that you might find that you object to?

' Can anyone point me to the evidence that this new variant is “70% more transmissible than the old variant?” '

" Dr Mike Yeadon isn’t convinced.

'I suspect it’s invented. It’s one of around 40,000 variants, typically emerging from error prone replication. It would be funny if it weren’t so serious if it turns out to be an asymptomatic variant: easy to catch & pass on but doesn’t make you ill.
We could call it a vaccine.'
"

https://lockdownsceptics.org/2020/12...s-the-evidence
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Yes the panic is exploding. The EU already have cases of the variant. Friends managed to fly to the canaries yesterday so we were letting people leave. (they had been tested before flying by the way) you need a negative PCR test result to travel.
So you believe this panic has been manufactured Annie?
If so, l tend to agree with you ! As you rightly say, to fly, you already
need a negative covic test to purchase a ticket ?? And lorry drivers
can easily be tested before embarking or even before they start
their journey ?? In fact l am surprised that this does not already
happen !!
It's a pity all these precautions didnt take place before the virus
left China??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

21-12-2020, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
So you believe this panic has been manufactured Annie?
If so, l tend to agree with you ! As you rightly say, to fly, you already
need a negative covic test to purchase a ticket ?? And lorry drivers
can easily be tested before embarking or even before they start
their journey ?? In fact l am surprised that this does not already
happen !!
It's a pity all these precautions didnt take place before the virus
left China??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Hi

You are sadly misinformed .

We have a huge backlog of accurate testing.

Nobody trusts our track and trace.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 02:52 PM

I don't believe in conspiracy theories and have no time for the sad individuals who do (and that includes Mike Yeadon who I have had the misfortune to encounter before) .
I don't believe the new variant virus is anything but genuine having listened to those who know about these things .

We should try to make the best of this little difficulty and look upon it a dry run for 31st of December and no we shouldn't delay the transition period for one moment, when you are covered in muck a little more makes no difference.

You only had to look at the Prime Minister's body language during the press conference on Saturday to know he would probably have prefered to have all his teeth pulled out rather than make that announcement re the tier 4 restrictions.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top