Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 11:35 PM

Re: Lady Gaga

Originally Posted by Meg ->
A good and sincere performance from Lady G though she would not have been my choice of singer..

I understand. Yes there are so many great singers that could have done it. So so many. It had to be an American but if it didn't, two I can think of would be Adele - what a voice. Or Tina Arena - Probably the finest non classical voice Australia has produced.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
That was live?......amazing gift of a voice....
It's amazing what can be done now with a modern real time digital audio processor.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Yes..Talking peace instead of inciting civil war, Calling for unity over division, asking for dialogue over violence. Speaking about love for his country instead of himself. Yep, totally Gaga.

Lady GaGa is one of the world's finest performers. She has it all. The voice, the presentation, the style, the originality. She reminds me of a young Judy Garland. Pure talent, huge energy and 100% "Broadway power"..I love her.
I thought you Ozzies had a sense of humour?
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 03:55 PM

Shes never really appealed to me but I liked what I heard and her dress was decent . Always thought she was eccentric
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 03:59 PM

I thought Eva Peron did a great job.

Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 04:50 PM

At least she didn't wear this disrespectful (to the animal) meat dress or the matching meat bikini.

I am not a fan.

upload pic
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
At least she didn't wear this disrespectful (to the animal) meat dress or the matching meat bikini.

I am not a fan.
Disrespectful to animals? ITS MEAT! What on earth is disrespectful, for that matter what is there to respect about meat?
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 06:44 PM

Has anyone seen her in a Star is Born?

Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

21-01-2021, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Disrespectful to animals? ITS MEAT! What on earth is disrespectful, for that matter what is there to respect about meat?
Let me explain. You see, meat is the flesh of a recently living animal. It is not manufactured.

Killing a creature, even a domesticated beef, to wear as a stunt - not to stay warm, not to sustain oneself, etc. - is unethical - and reeks of hypocrisy from an entertainer who claims to have so many causes.

That beef went to its death, most likely terrified, only to end up on an attention-grabbing, self-righteous singer.

That animal deserved more respect.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

21-01-2021, 09:14 PM

I apologize to the well-meaning posters on this thread.

Lady Gaga is a rare sore spot with me

I guess I'm not very gaga over her!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top