Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 10:38 PM

My Furboy Kodi Poorly again :-(

My beloved dog seems to be going downhill and I'm petrified of losing him. He has cushins disease and he seemed to be doing ok. I took him for his 6 monthly blood test last week and I mentioned to the vet about how Kodi wees in the house a lot. He is on heart medication (frusemide water tablets) twice a day for his heart so the vet told me to cut down to one a day and see how he goes. I'm horrified that since I did that a few days ago today he is so lethargic and not eating so I am going to restart the 2nd tablet as I'm thinking maybe his heart can't cope without it.

I'm taking him to the vet in the morning and I'm terrified they are going to tell me its time to let him go.

I'm heartbroken but I know the time has to come and I can't let my poor gorgeous, lovely dog suffer.

I am praying that it is because he had reduced meds as to why he's gone so poorly.

I don't know why I'm telling you this, I'm crying my eyes out as I type this. This is just so bloody hard that the time has come that I may have to make a decision to put my dog to sleep.

Thank you for listening.

God knows I could do with some hugs right now.

By the way, the vet rang me to tell me his blood work was showing the medication for cushins is doing him good.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 10:47 PM

Re: My Furboy Kodi Poorly again :-(

Queenie, my heart goes out to you.
I really do understand as my old gal is nearing the end too.
We know it will come, but struggle to accept it.

I can't make you feel better, much as i want to, but don't give up on him yet, wait and see what the vet says in the morning first. Maybe it is nothing to do with his Cushings, perhaps he has just picked up a bug at the mo or maybe he would benefit from a change of meds even.

Make sure they check every other possibility too.
Good luck. X x
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 11:01 PM

Oh, LQ, this is so terribly heart-wrenching for you, I know, and I wish there was something I could do.

You take care of that sweet boy right now, and just do everything you can to keep him as comfortable as possible. Don't worry if he isn't eating, but if you can't get him to drink, try letting him lick drops of water from your fingers.

I agree that this may be a temporary condition and not to give up quite yet. Make sure your vet has exhausted every other possibility, LQ. If you have to make that decision, it is one of the most unselfish acts of love you will ever do for him. It's ok, LQ.

I'd sure give you that hug if I could.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 11:08 PM

Oh! Lion Queen, that is so sad to read.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 11:24 PM

LQ this is so sad for you .
There comes a time when they just can’t go on and we have to let them go .I hope this time is not yet come for you..
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 11:26 PM

Thinking of you and Kodi!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 11:31 PM

Thinking of you both Queenie
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 11:34 PM

💕
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 01:26 AM

Queenie - you know you can telephone me if you need to talk - anytime!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 09:05 AM

So sorry LQ....i hope little kodi perks up and has a few years yet. Its a problem with pets though isnt it we give them all our love but the hard fact is they leave us .... not yet though Kodi....not yet

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top