Join for free
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 08:57 AM

Anti-Trade Union Bill.

Seems the 'nasty party' are not so sure of enacting their bill in the face of opposition from HoL and are now rushing to amend chunks of it.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a6861271.html
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 09:08 AM

Re: Anti-Trade Union Bill.

To be honest Joe it never made sense to me that a union can call a strike if, for example, only 35% of the members voted for one. I was a TU secretary when I was working so I'm not anti Trades Union but I am a great believer in democracy and I know that many Trades Union members don't like striking.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 09:35 AM

It demonstrates that we have an intelligent government, intent on getting the legislation right, who are prepared to listen and think things through, unlike the rabid loudmouthed left wing.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
To be honest Joe it never made sense to me that a union can call a strike if, for example, only 35% of the members voted for one. I was a TU secretary when I was working so I'm not anti Trades Union but I am a great believer in democracy and I know that many Trades Union members don't like striking.

Employees wouldn't need to strike if employers acted reasonably!!!
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Employees wouldn't need to strike if employers acted reasonably!!!
True, that's why it's important for there to be 'democratic' trade unions. Basically I believe in cooperation between employers and employees. At the end of the day both sides benefit if the company is successful.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top