Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2017, 07:57 AM

Disabled disadvantaged

Not surprised at this report - just shows how far the scumbag 'nasty party' have gone.

https://www.aol.co.uk/news/2017/08/2...spending-cuts/
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2017, 09:46 AM

Re: Disabled disadvantaged

Was just reading this on huff post its not a surprise I think many of us knew it but it's shocking seeing it in black and white.

I never forget when my mum came to live here, local council said if she was so disabled she had difficulty with the stairs she didn't need to go out at all, she could stay home ! Now that shocked me but it has set a pattern that many councils and officials seem to live by.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2017, 08:22 AM

Yet more 'uncomfortable' news for the scumbag 'nasty party'.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entr...-1464388967_uk
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2017, 08:40 AM

I'd be embarrassed if I'd made do many people worse off I'm not sure they are capable though.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

25-08-2017, 07:42 AM

Now even the United Nations organisation is saying the scumbag 'nasty party's' Government attacks on the disabled through their changes to welfare legislation are illegal!!!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7911556.html

And it gets even worse!!!

The sooner we're able to ditch this scumbag 'nasty party' government the better!!!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7911561.html
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2017, 08:47 AM

Uncle Joe , I am sure you are right and many people are struggling yet I personally know of a young couple who live together and they receive a very good allowance , they holiday regularly , she drives a 1 year old car and is now looking to change it for a better one . The lad is capable of working , yet because he was born with a slight disability and diagnosed with it he will receive his allowance for life . His mother even says he gets to much money and should work . The partner has a bad back and does walk slowly yet between them they get about £1800 a month . Their rent is free and council tax , she has a 3 year old child and 2 more in care . I know this is true , the lads mother says it's wrong , there is too much money going into their hands yet each year when assessed they get it again . I'm all for people to receive their money , certainly those who are incapable of working yet these two twenty something kids are having a free ride . It makes us angry and as I said his mother says it's just not right . How is it some get this much and others are getting too much ?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2017, 09:04 AM

I agree susan m, these days many people are aware that if they get a "disabled label" they can get money, from benefits, that they could actually earn for themselves.
Many people learn how to use the word Disabled to get more benefits, and that is often the reason that those, in genuine need, can't get sufficient. Doctors struggle to find the cause of back pain, but they can't say you are not in pain! I believe that, as actors, many who claim disability could get an Oscar!

It is just the same as people claiming mental illness, to justify the crime they have committed, to get a lighter sentence!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

25-08-2017, 10:19 AM

The problem is that attitude is what has caused the huge problems many suffer, if someone is illegally using the system by all means report them and get it stopped but for that we've got disabled people struggling to prove they aren't going to suddenly spring up and do a jig ! People with no legs having to prove they haven't grown legs

We have some people struggling to manage on £30 a week now I don't know about you but I couldn't manage on that my rents more than that !

One of the idiotic things is IMO it's rents that have pushed up our cost of benefits if councils had stopped the rises it may have stopped massive rise in benefit rates.

No one goes to their GP and gets a food bank voucher until their health has been affected by lack of food. In this country that's just ..... I don't have the words ! We are a rich western country starving our disabled !

The couple written about I'd be amazed if their benefit covers all you say, they either had things before they went onto benefit or they have family helping them. When we were on benefit I admit we would have gone under without my parents and his parents helping us, when my husbands parents lost their jobs we all got together and helped them, they needed a car they needed it because the bus only ran once a day and getting to interviews they needed transport.

Are the couple disabled in some way ? Are we really at a point we want disabled people not to live a reasonable life ?
Could they have savings they are living on ? Could they be working from home even ?

Not everyone at home is unemployed, I've had nasty notes before about our benefit habit when if my neighbours had looked closer they might have seen I was working nights !
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2017, 10:54 AM

Yet another example of the distortion by certain media outlets.. I don't know whether it made any other news media but it warranted four paragraphs on page two. Why? because the woman and the organisation she represents have form for this sort of misrepresentation.

Its not her first outburst on behalf of that useless talking shop the UN. I didn't notice any mention of the fact that the share of GDP Britain contributes to public spending is greater than any of the G7 countries except Germany.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2017, 10:57 AM

Julie , she has a bad back , apparently attacked by an ex partner , she does walk slow and has had injections for pain relief . The lad was born with a disability but it's internal yet he is strong and able . Honestly it's a joke the money they have and spend . Family don't help them as they are all on benefits . It is frustrating and the amount is correct I kid you not

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top