Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2017, 11:00 AM

Re: Disabled disadvantaged

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Julie , she has a bad back , apparently attacked by an ex partner , she does walk slow and has had injections for pain relief . The lad was born with a disability but it's internal yet he is strong and able . Honestly it's a joke the money they have and spend . Family don't help them as they are all on benefits . It is frustrating and the amount is correct I kid you not
Unless you walk a mile in her shoes or even his I'd not want to say they aren't entitled Susan. I have good days and bad days, people rarely see my bad days as I can't get out. Pain is one of those things you can't see to know how bad it is. And the lad well who knows how his affects him ? He may seem strong and able but inside ? Is he like that ?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2017, 11:35 AM

Julie , she has a bad back , apparently attacked by an ex partner , she does walk slow and has had injections for pain relief . The lad was born with a disability but it's internal yet he is strong and able . Honestly it's a joke the money they have and spend . Family don't help them as they are all on benefits . It is frustrating and the amount is correct I kid you not

The politics of envy is no basis to judge others, nor is a reason to base legislation on either!!!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2017, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I agree susan m, these days many people are aware that if they get a "disabled label" they can get money, from benefits, that they could actually earn for themselves.
Many people learn how to use the word Disabled to get more benefits, and that is often the reason that those, in genuine need, can't get sufficient. Doctors struggle to find the cause of back pain, but they can't say you are not in pain! I believe that, as actors, many who claim disability could get an Oscar!

It is just the same as people claiming mental illness, to justify the crime they have committed, to get a lighter sentence!

Meanwhile afaile4d government used a Billion of taxpayers money to prop itself up to buy votes from the DUP, mky idea of criminals.

Dont mention expenses, i have but i think i got away with it.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2017, 04:04 PM

Well said and it's best to hope we don't need it ever, because others will judge us harshly if our bodies or minds fail us in any way. I don't remember it always being like this when I was young we felt sorry for anyone unable to work.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2017, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Well said and it's best to hope we don't need it ever, because others will judge us harshly if our bodies or minds fail us in any way. I don't remember it always being like this when I was young we felt sorry for anyone unable to work.

Yes Julie darlin' - up until the time that evil witch said there was no such thing as society.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

25-08-2017, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Yes Julie darlin' - up until the time that evil witch said there was no such thing as society.
I have to agree with you there it did seem to coincide with that time.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2017, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->

Meanwhile afaile4d government used a Billion of taxpayers money to prop itself up to buy votes from the DUP, mky idea of criminals.

Dont mention expenses, i have but i think i got away with it.
Ok Basil!
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2017, 09:24 PM

Well Susan this couple seem to be unique ,I also personally know disbled people and they do not get anythinh like this couple doif this money is between them it is not a lot each, there is usually some rent to pay ,its seldom 'freeThe problem with disability is you can never rely on how well/bad you may feel from hour to hour,as the condition may worsen at any time and leaves you exhausted. Recently my son's friend was told he should look for work, yet he is partially sighted, he has a condition where he cant wake up [sleep apnea I think thats the spelling ] and has to have someone to wake him .plus several other healtth conditions, What employer is going to employ him.This government seems to feel that every body can work and shouldnt have help'. Its attitude like yours Susan that potrays all disabled people in a bad light
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2017, 09:52 PM

Uncle Joe , I am sure you are right and many people are struggling yet I personally know of a young couple who live together and they receive a very good allowance , they holiday regularly , she drives a 1 year old car and is now looking to change it for a better one . The lad is capable of working , yet because he was born with a slight disability and diagnosed with it he will receive his allowance for life . His mother even says he gets to much money and should work . The partner has a bad back and does walk slowly yet between them they get about £1800 a month . Their rent is free and council tax , she has a 3 year old child and 2 more in care . I know this is true , the lads mother says it's wrong , there is too much money going into their hands yet each year when assessed they get it again . I'm all for people to receive their money , certainly those who are incapable of working yet these two twenty something kids are having a free ride . It makes us angry and as I said his mother says it's just not right . How is it some get this much and others are getting too much ?
Yes, when a couple have a Car, younger than their Child, questions need to be asked
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2017, 10:18 PM

Deylon

If you read post 6 you will see that I'm questioning why this young couple get this amount when others don't , I'm actually saying it doesn't feel right . You will note that his mother who is a close friend also says it's too much and too easy for them . His mum also says he could work but as he gets his allowance he doesn't want too. We have a close friend who is 62 and recently had her pip reduced by quite a large amount , she is struggling and appealing , she suffers pain yet was told she could do a job of work . The poor girl can hardly get out of bed some days .

We are a group of friends , so on one hand we have the young lad and partner and our lovely friend of 62 loosing her pip and told she could work and yet the youngster who's own mum says he could work even a couple of days a week doesn't need too .

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top