Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2017, 11:31 AM

Council housing allocation in RBKC after 'Grenfell'

Yet again this despicable scumbag 'nasty party' controlled council are using an allocation system for alternative housing of the survivors of 'Grenfell' which pits them against each other in a bidding process.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7905341.html
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2017, 11:35 AM

Re: Council housing allocation in RBKC after 'Grenfell'

I don't get this they are lurching from one stupid decision to another. They need advising how not to upset people after a trauma !
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2017, 12:38 PM

Hi

An Update.

Grenfell management to be removed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41025409

A good thing.

Contrary to some on here, Grenfell was Managed by the Tenants themselves, not the Council.

Time to get the professionals in.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2017, 01:11 PM

I'm involved in the bidding system at the moment. I've tried bidding on properties near my daughter but, have been unsuccessful. It was much better when the councils did it on a case by case method.
You now have to go on the website for properties in your areas of preference, if there is a property of interest, it may be suitable for your needs but not in the areas you want. Then you place your bid, just click on the box, it's not anything to do with money. You get told how many people with greater need for that property are in front of you in the queue. You then wait until the bidding cycle ends, a week is usually how long it's advertised for but in my case no bids are allowed on Mondays or Tuesdays. Then they contact you only if you're successful.
The closest I have been so far was 8th on a place I didn't want to move to but the property was what I needed.
There was a house in the next road to my daughter which would have been ideal but no luck.
I would be vacating a property so they wouldn't lose anything.
So, imagine what it would be like for those who have nowhere and no hope of anywhere to live!
The whole system is flawed but, there are such huge waiting lists for social housing it probably saves manpower as its automated until the very last selection proccess, where they have the few in most need to look at.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2017, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

An Update.

Grenfell management to be removed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41025409

A good thing.

Contrary to some on here, Grenfell was Managed by the Tenants themselves, not the Council.

Time to get the professionals in.
They say that swim but if it's anything like our management they give the responsibility to us tenants but make the decisions themselves ! Our input is severely curtailed as I believe many on that estate have said theirs was.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2017, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
They say that swim but if it's anything like our management they give the responsibility to us tenants but make the decisions themselves ! Our input is severely curtailed as I believe many on that estate have said theirs was.
Hi

I accept that Julie.

In the specific case of Grenfell the voting majority in the Management Committee were directly elected by the Tenants, not the Council.

I am part of a group campaigning to give give Council Tenants the same rights as every other other tenants in the Country, at the moment they do not.

Your Enforcement Officers cannot serve Legal Notices on properties in Council Ownership.

This is wrong.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

23-08-2017, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I accept that Julie.

In the specific case of Grenfell the voting majority in the Manage Committee were directly elected by the Tenants, not the Council.

I am part of a group campaigning to give give Council Tenants the same rights as every other other tenants in the Country, at the moment they do not.

Your Enforcement Officers cannot serve Legal Notices on properties in Council Ownership.

This is wrong.
That's true and I admire your stance on it.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2017, 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I'm involved in the bidding system at the moment. I've tried bidding on properties near my daughter but, have been unsuccessful. It was much better when the councils did it on a case by case method.
You now have to go on the website for properties in your areas of preference, if there is a property of interest, it may be suitable for your needs but not in the areas you want. Then you place your bid, just click on the box, it's not anything to do with money. You get told how many people with greater need for that property are in front of you in the queue. You then wait until the bidding cycle ends, a week is usually how long it's advertised for but in my case no bids are allowed on Mondays or Tuesdays. Then they contact you only if you're successful.
The closest I have been so far was 8th on a place I didn't want to move to but the property was what I needed.
There was a house in the next road to my daughter which would have been ideal but no luck.
I would be vacating a property so they wouldn't lose anything.
So, imagine what it would be like for those who have nowhere and no hope of anywhere to live!
The whole system is flawed but, there are such huge waiting lists for social housing it probably saves manpower as its automated until the very last selection proccess, where they have the few in most need to look at.
However does one ever get a council house ?
There is always someone of more need .
I watched a programme called how to get a council house last week
Not good for anyone with high BP.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2017, 09:37 AM

An update.

I have just heard from a person in the know (who must remain anonymous) that the Grenfell fire deaths were not caused or exacerbated by the cladding, as the news media have been assuring us, but by the fact that ALL of the fire doors within the building had been removed, presumably by some of the tenants.

It is believed that the fire doors have been stolen for re-sale.

Strangely, none of the news media or the government itself have ever mentioned that. I wonder why!

EDIT: I thought I should google this and found at least one article that substantiates this suggestion:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/821...halcots-Estate

(I do apologise to any lefties that this was found in the Express!)
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

05-09-2017, 09:49 AM

I know that's going to be a huge part of the reason but seeing that cladding burn it can't have helped either. No matter what the reason it all conspired on that day to cause a tragic event I hope never to see again.

I'd recommend councils think about the door designs they use in council properties, they are ugly and nasty and dangerous to residents. If a private company put them in their houses they'd never sell them, why use them in council homes, tenants are human beings too with same feelings about beauty and their homes as anyone else.

I base that on Woking council where we all have those school fire doors with mesh glass insert panels exactly like classrooms do. Would you want them in your home ? A window into your lounge and bedrooms. It took threats to remove them ourselves to make them change the bathroom doors so we didn't have glass panels in them !

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top