Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2017, 03:54 PM

Re: North Korea's 'reckless' missile launch over Japan sharply escalates tension

Send in a crack team of commandos under cover to grab Kim Wrong 'Un and smuggle him out to a secret location for questioning by water torture. Get all the information they can and then kill him.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2017, 03:56 PM

Re: North Korea's 'reckless' missile launch over Japan sharply escalates tension

Originally Posted by Realist ->
The whole thing is a side show.

The USA have for quite some years gotten ready for a war with China. They have military bases all around China, an incredible number in fact and all along the Pacific. China know well the situation.

There was a good TV documentary on it in the last couple of months.

We should all hope that the war does not happen but it kind of seems inevitable. North Korea are imo immaterial. The USA could flatten the entire country with one huge bomb if they so desired, the size and magnitude of their nukes is staggering now.

However it is FAR more likely imo that you will see North Korea suffer an earthquake and possibly a Tsunami. Something they can't blame the USA on but which nevertheless the USA will have instigated.

And just how many troops have the Chinese army??? They could if they so desired roll over whatever forces that idiot Trump put into the field without drawing a second breath.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2017, 03:59 PM

You are quite a fan of despotic regimes UJ, is that because you have always wanted to be a dictator?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2017, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Not a lot can be done in reality by the USA.

It really is down to China.

We just need to keep well out of it.

But this comes back to the question I ask you a while back .... will we keep out of it, or will we go sticking our nose in at some point??
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2017, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
But this comes back to the question I ask you a while back .... will we keep out of it, or will we go sticking our nose in at some point??
The only war in living memory we refused to be part of (apart from the never-ending 2000-y-o- war in Israel which was started by Jesus), was Vietnam, a good decision for that wasteful and pointless war. Since then we've been the USA's puppy dog.
We should have learned our lessons from Iraq and Afghanistan, but do we? No, we never do with out staid old Victorian ideals.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2017, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Hi

I have no idea Mups, I have been out of it for years.

The only thing that I do know is that some of our Politicians still have delusions of grandeur.

Boris in particular.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2017, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
The only war in living memory we refused to be part of (apart from the never-ending 2000-y-o- war in Israel which was started by Jesus), was Vietnam, a good decision for that wasteful and pointless war. Since then we've been the USA's puppy dog.
We should have learned our lessons from Iraq and Afghanistan, but do we? No, we never do with out staid old Victorian ideals.

That's what I was afraid of Floydy.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2017, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Not exactly accurate...but...https://thevietnamwar.info/united-ki...t-vietnam-war/
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

04-09-2017, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Not exactly accurate...but...https://thevietnamwar.info/united-ki...t-vietnam-war/
We didn't send our troops out there though did we, Rehab? That's what I was getting at.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil

04-09-2017, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
I must admit that I am surprised that it was not brought down, maybe the defences are not as good as they would have us believe?
On the other hand if the Japanese/Americans missed the rockets, there would be a massive loss of face for the Japanese, and embarrassment for the Americans, big brownie points for Kim and the regime.

If the Japanese/Americans managed to bring down a NK rocket would Kim see that as a provocative action and therefore give him an excuse to pop a rocket at Guam in retaliation

So maybe no action is better than a reaction?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top