Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2017, 09:20 AM

Management Consultants

Don't you think this £21 000 000 could have been put to better use? http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...tants-11078644
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2017, 09:22 AM

Re: Management Consultants

For sure. It's a shocking waste of public money. However this is nothing new under the tories. Was just as bad under labour.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2017, 09:23 AM

Yes I do, most of them are a waste of space and only doing jobs that the managers are supposed be doing, so sack 'em all I say, the hospitals would run a lot smoother I'll bet...
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2017, 09:24 AM

For those that don't like following links:
Squandering £21million on private consultants to recommend cuts to the NHS is a scandalous waste of money.

We want precious resources pumped into hiring more hospital consultants to cure sick patients not spent on dubious management consultants in big accountancy firms which, by the way, have a thirst for privatisation to boost their own profits.

The NHS must be well run but when it is difficult to get quick GP appointments and A&E units are in crisis surely it is better to invest every penny in extra health staff.

The recklessness with which the NHS hands out juicy contracts to these management consultants in England reinforces the evidence that our most precious public service is not safe in Tory hands.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2017, 09:38 AM

I would mention P that this is nothing new, and was as much embraced by Labour as any other recent government, and not just in the NHS but throughout public service. Why everything has to be blamed in the tories I've no idea, but if you really want to see how not to run the NHS you need to look no further than Wales which is run by Labour, and is an absolute scandal...
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England

30-08-2017, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
I would mention P that this is nothing new, and was as much embraced by Labour as any other recent government, and not just in the NHS but throughout public service. Why everything has to be blamed in the tories I've no idea, but if you really want to see how not to run the NHS you need to look no further than Wales which is run by Labour, and is an absolute scandal...
Is it really as bad as you say?
I can only find the Tory press making mountains out of molehills.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts

30-08-2017, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Is it really as bad as you say?
I can only find the Tory press making mountains out of molehills.
But nothing to say about Labour embracinng consultants as well as the tories? And yes it is just the tory press reporting it, I cannot imagine the Mirror or any other left wing rag doing so can you....
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2017, 10:36 AM

Is nhs wales run by labour? For one they have free prescriptions and secondly the mental health services in cardiff are excellent. Labour was running the nhs very well when in power but also wasted millions on consultants and management while Blair was leader.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2017, 12:51 PM

Surely, since the NHS hires these people it is the fault of the NHS trusts that the money is wasted not the Conservatives Also since they seem to have sufficient funding to hire these people in the first place, they really can't plead the NHS shortage of funds. Perhaps they need to start making a few cuts.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England

30-08-2017, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
Surely, since the NHS hires these people it is the fault of the NHS trusts that the money is wasted not the Conservatives Also since they seem to have sufficient funding to hire these people in the first place, they really can't plead the NHS shortage of funds. Perhaps they need to start making a few cuts.
They are not hired by NHS trusts, they are hired by the Government.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top