Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2020, 08:45 AM

Re: China accuses ozzi of dumping!?!?

Yes China has been throwing it's weight around within and outside it's borders for a long time now. It has been murdering and oppressing it's own people for decades. It has used it's army against it's own unarmed people and it's toy soldiers strut up and down Tianenmen square like robots. Now they have power they are using it like any other nuveau dictatorship. Badly. For all their so called thousands of years of "wisdom" they are now displaying all the wisdom of a fat schoolyard bully that has all the cream buns pushing the other poorer kids around - because he can. I think China is labouring under the delusion that if they go too far the rest of the world will not stand up to them. They have obviously forgotten all about Hitler..and Stalin..and Tojo. I don't want to live in a world where I have to wear knee pads. I have a hunch that if they got the real firm smack in the mouth that they are asking for, that they would back off, wake up to themselves and stop being the monumental tossers that they are now. Just like the schoolyard bully usually does when he gets whacked. I would bet my house that many of the decent and ordinary people of China would rather their leaders take a peaceful and cooperative attitude to their neighbours. I would bet that they don't mind Hong Kong and Taiwan, The Uighurs and Tibetans going their own way. But they can't say it. Because they will be swatted.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2020, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Yes China has been throwing it's weight around within and outside it's borders for a long time now. It has been murdering and oppressing it's own people for decades. It has used it's army against it's own unarmed people and it's toy soldiers strut up and down Tianenmen square like robots. Now they have power they are using it like any other nuveau dictatorship. Badly. For all their so called thousands of years of "wisdom" they are now displaying all the wisdom of a fat schoolyard bully that has all the cream buns pushing the other poorer kids around - because he can. I think China is labouring under the delusion that if they go too far the rest of the world will not stand up to them. They have obviously forgotten all about Hitler..and Stalin..and Tojo. I don't want to live in a world where I have to wear knee pads. I have a hunch that if they got the real firm smack in the mouth that they are asking for, that they would back off, wake up to themselves and stop being the monumental tossers that they are now. Just like the schoolyard bully usually does when he gets whacked. I would bet my house that many of the decent and ordinary people of China would rather their leaders take a peaceful and cooperative attitude to their neighbours. I would bet that they don't mind Hong Kong and Taiwan, The Uighurs and Tibetans going their own way. But they can't say it. Because they will be swatted.

On the tarriff issue KZ , you have a simple remedy, if China says
your goods are too cheap, then put the price up ?? Win,Win all
round then !
I suppose the same goes for any tariff arguments really ?
I agree with you on your other criticisms of China regarding their
general population being just like us in wanting a stress free and
peaceful life and not going looking for trouble where there is none!!

Donkeyman! 👍😟👍
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2020, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
It's impossible to dump cheap goods in China because China makes the worlds cheapest products. China are talking out of their backside as per usual.
Yeah, wot you said and then some! Many 'cheap' goods made in China have some input from their Uighur prisoners (re education designates) while the rest of the buying world clamber for more and more cheap items of almost every description. It's a complete scandal the way China almost always does it's own thing while the rest of the world happily wears its blinkers as container after container is shipped across to the world's eager ports
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2020, 03:57 PM

The funny thing is with China is that Amazon sells a great amount of its goods and only recently I have been checking out where my products come from.
Anything made in China I do not buy anymore.
The reason for this is because I have found that I have had to ask for credits on 4 items made in China.
I was credited straight away no problems there, but when it comes to returning the goods the sods don't want them back.?

I am guessing the goods are that bad that they cannot even put them back in the window for resale..
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2020, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
The funny thing is with China is that Amazon sells a great amount of its goods and only recently I have been checking out where my products come from.
Anything made in China I do not buy anymore.
The reason for this is because I have found that I have had to ask for credits on 4 items made in China.
I was credited straight away no problems there, but when it comes to returning the goods the sods don't want them back.?

I am guessing the goods are that bad that they cannot even put them back in the window for resale..
I reckon it's because it would cost them more in shipping the goods back to China than they are actually worth, LongFellow.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2020, 05:33 PM

There is a growing body of people in the UK who do not want to buy anything made in China and more specifically want to support business in the UK. I fully support that and items which I can't find as made in the UK I will either go without or choose the nearest trade-friendly country.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
There is a growing body of people in the UK who do not want to buy anything made in China and more specifically want to support business in the UK. I fully support that and items which I can't find as made in the UK I will either go without or choose the nearest trade-friendly country.
Totally agree with you Lindyloo I keep a lookout now for the British flag on items, and they go to the top of my list.

I also believe that the Chinese super tanker carrying all those cheap tacky goods around the world should be scuttled in the deepest waters.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top