Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2021, 03:33 PM

Re: Achievements

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Hi Pauline!

Four "Children" in their 50s.

Seven Grandchildren, and 6 GGC.

All within 10 to 15 miles, looking forward to seeing them whenever!

That was one hell of a long pregnancy.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2021, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Academically :-

BSc - with distinction
Became Consultant Holistic Therapist.

Things I am proud of - that others may not view as achievements:-

Wrote a Christmas carol and had it performed by York Hospital Choir.
Read a Lesson in York Minster.
Sang a solo (Sheep may safely graze) with a choir in York Minster.
Gave a talk on the life/works of JRR Tolkien at University.
Gave a talk on the History of Witchcraft to 3rd year Theology students.

Well done ST....you must have worked extremely hard ,to achieve those grades at uni...I know only too well, my son achieved highly at uni...and the work he put in was phenomenal.......takes determination to achieve that and a lot of effort, studying constantly.or maybe you were a natural, my son wasn’t...he had to work jolly hard to achieve his degree.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2021, 03:38 PM

I am a compulsive learner, Pauline. If I do not have some course or other on the go I have withdrawal symptoms! Promised myself at 16yrs that I would learn something new every year - and I have stuck to that. Some academic, some arty - some just for fun.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2021, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
In your life.......what have you achieved?......was a lot of effort put into it?
Academically, achieving an MBA from the University of Reading with merit. Achieving my professional qualification.

Having two amazing kids and two well behaved doggies!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2021, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I am a compulsive learner, Pauline. If I do not have some course or other on the go I have withdrawal symptoms! Promised myself at 16yrs that I would learn something new every year - and I have stuck to that. Some academic, some arty - some just for fun.

......love it.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

16-01-2021, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
Academically, achieving an MBA from the University of Reading with merit. Achieving my professional qualification.

Having two amazing kids and two well behaved doggies!

Well done you, what is your profession,Minx?
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2021, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Well done you, what is your profession,Minx?
Pauline, financial services
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2021, 04:21 PM

Academically
1969 AEB General Science Course, ONC Sciences.
1971 HNC Metallurgy.
1979 Graduateship of the Rubber and Plastics Institute.
2020 MSc "The History and Future of Natural Rubber Technology."

Other Contributions and Papers presented:
One patent using skim block NR to improve abrasion and cut resistance of earthmover tyre treads.
Author and presenter of “Extrusion – Optimisation of Productivity and Quality” at the “Recent Developments for the Rubber Product Industry” seminar, Rubber Technology Centre, Sungai Buloh, Malaysia, April 2002.
Author and presenter of “Mixing of Rubber” presented at the “Recent Developments for the Rubber Product Industry” seminar, Rubber Technology Centre, Sungai Buloh, Malaysia, April 2002.
Author and presenter of “Statistical Process Control – An Overview” at the “Enhancing Technical Competitiveness Through R&D, Productivity and Quality Improvements” seminar, Sheraton Imperial, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, April 2005.
Co-author of “Productivity and Quality Improvements” – presented at the “Enhancing Technical Competitiveness Through R&D, Productivity and Quality Improvements” seminar, Sheraton Imperial, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, April 2005.
Author of two guides:
- A Guide to Process Improvements Using Statistical Process Control (An Aid to Establishing a Lean Manufacturing Programme in the Rubber Industry).
- Advanced Statistics Leading to SPC and Analysis of Experimental Data.
Co-author and presenter of “Process and Quality Improvements in Rubber Products Manufacturing”, at The Plastics and Rubber Institute of Malaysia annual seminar, Shah Alam, Malaysia, March 2006.
Author and presenter of “Understanding Energy – How to save money on your electricity bills”, at the Plastics and Rubber Institute of Malaysia annual seminar, Shah Alam, Malaysia, March 2007.
Author and presenter of “Processing Improvements” at Rubber Technology Open Day, International Rubber Products Exhibition Centre, Sungai Buloh, Malaysia, April 2007.
Author and presenter of “Compounding for Retread Applications” at Seminar for Retreaders, Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia, November 2007.
Author of “A Guide to Productive and Efficient Rubber Processing”, published by The Tun Abdul Razak Research Centre, 2008.
Co-author of “Silica Improves NR-Based Truck Tread Performance” at Tire Technology Expo 2009, Hamburg, March 2009.
Author and presenter of “Towards Energy Efficiency and Lean Manufacturing” at MREPC, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, June 2009.
Author of “Lean Manufacturing for the Malaysian Rubber Products Industry”, published by The Tun Abdul Razak Research Centre, June 2009.
Co-author and presenter of “Polymers Based on Natural Rubber: Renewable Materials with Unique Properties” at the PRIM’s Golden Jubilee International Polymer Conference, Sunway Resort Hotel, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, March 2010.
Author and presenter of “TQS – Total Quality: The Key to Success” at Akademi Hevea, Rubber Technology Centre, Sungai Buloh, Malaysia, November 2010.
Author and presenter of “5S & TPM In A Nut Shell” at Akademi Hevea, Rubber Technology Centre, Sungai Buloh, Malaysia, Nov 2011.
Author of many production specifications, and test & method procedures.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2021, 04:21 PM

You a Loan Shark?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2021, 04:24 PM

Percy, a couple of family members were in R&D in the Rubber Industry with Dunlops.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top