Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2021, 02:51 PM

Re: Keepsakes When Someone Dies...

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
No I've not had that happen either..
Roxy, Do you want a pair of boots?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2021, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by xirrpy ->
I got left a painting. It was primitive and done in house paint.
My problem is how to safe guard that gift after Im gone.
Many years ago
In a gallery in Bond street or close by, cant recall now. The sloaney brought out a very aged painting probably 16th century. I was just a walk in, she was being silly. It too was primitive. Price tag was £500k in case your wondering. How it survived the bin man I have no idea. I can imagine the gallery picking it up for a couple of quid just because it was yonks old.

I guess the pictures fate is upto who ever finds it.
Xirrpy, Don’t you have family that could take care of your painting?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2021, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Gold or silver? If it’s gold, l will be impressed!
AFAIK copper alloy. It's just the projectile itself - the bit that comes out.

It's a 9 mm thing from (so I'm told) a cartridge with a 147g load

Thas' all folk!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2021, 03:05 PM

Pauline, That’s a difficult situation if her mind insn’t complete. If her mind got worse, she could turn and say, you had stolen it.

I know,Art, don’t worry, everything is recorded.....she gave a £1,000 away a few weeks back........family obviously are aware.

I have been with this lady a long time..
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2021, 03:30 PM

I was left a sauce boat & stand by my late cousin, her daughter said her Mum said I was to have it when she died, she was 98 when she did die. It's made by Clariss Cliffe & it's her Tulip pattern. I keep it in my cabinet.
xirrpy
Devon-all of it
xirrpy is male  xirrpy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2021, 03:31 PM

Xirrpy, Don’t you have family that could take care of your painting?
Their values and sensibilities are derived or supplied by expensive glossy magazines
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2021, 03:55 PM

I'd just chuck the boots, because if you can't wear them they have no purpose.

As a family we don't bother with keepsakes. When my brother died 3 or 4 years ago we just binned everything in the house.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

17-01-2021, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
I'd just chuck the boots, because if you can't wear them they have no purpose.

As a family we don't bother with keepsakes. When my brother died 3 or 4 years ago we just binned everything in the house.
Tachyon, Doesn’t that make me... being ungrateful?

I think you may be right and sometimes you do have to remove yourself from sentimentality into reality.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2021, 04:13 PM

Art it's your choice what to do with the boots and not one that should make you feel guilty .
Personally I would bin the boots.

Being a minimalist I don't really have 'keepsakes' .That said I have a black silk shawl that belonged to my paternal Grandmother whom I never met (coincidently she died the same week as my Mother ) and I kept all my husbands letters to me and his service medals .
I have always longed to have some small thing that belonged to my Mother but wasn't able to.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

17-01-2021, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Art it's your choice what to do with the boots and not one that should make you feel guilty .
Personally I would bin the boots.

Being a minimalist I don't really have 'keepsakes' .That said I have a black silk shawl that belonged to my paternal Grandmother whom I never met (coincidently she died the same week as my Mother ) and I kept all my husbands letters to me and his service medals .
I have always longed to have some small thing that belonged to my Mother but wasn't able to.
Meg, What If l do chuck them and she haunts me?
I have put the boots in the garage as l have enough junk in this house without any more!
I bet l end up tripping over them, breaking my neck and ending up with her!

I do have little things that were from my mother’s house that l associate with her.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top